“Not bad but not great.”
Review of Days Inn Indiana

Days Inn Indiana
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Indiana
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in the summer and had a jacuzzi suite. All together it was a good experience. The staff was friendly and helpful and our room was clean. The two person jacuzzi was great for relaxing after a long day. But we were located close to the front lobby area so there was some noise. We were disappointed to find that the pool was not up to expectations. The water was very cloudy and the chlorine smell was overwhelming. I would feel sorry for anyone having to stay close to the pool. From my experience with hotels I'd say its about time for some updating here. But all in all it was not a bad place compared to some other offerings in the area.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank I_like_food604

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The staff was wonderful. Check in was smooth, rooms were clean and neatly organized. The breakfast area was well stocked and the food was very good. We would stay at this hotel again when coming to Indiana University of Pa.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Never again would I stay at this hotel. The room was not cleaned well at all! There were spider webs in the corners of the ceiling, bugs in the clear envelope on the back of the door, and the air filters were filthy. There were stains on the chair and visible plastered repairs to the wall. The lamp shades were dusty and my room DIDN'T HAVE A PHONE AT ALL!!!!!! The pool was gross!!! The roof was leaking by the pool and paint chips were stuck to my niece's hand when she did a handstand in the pool! Gross. Gross. Gross. On a good note, the front desk staff was nice and accommodating of our family.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Lisastewart27
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This place is overpriced for what it is, but it is the best in the area without hitting $140+. Apparently the fact that there is a mid size university in town is the reason for the high prices, because economically, the surrounding area is in the doldrums.
Security is not too good - there is very little parking in front and if you park in the back, you enter through a door where the electronic key slot doesn't work, so just anyone can follow you in.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor is where you check in. The 'ground' floor opens to a larger parking lot one l...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

While in town for a halloween party I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Indiana, Pa. Upon checking in I found the desk clerk Asta to be very helpful and pleasant. The room was great, quite, got a good nights rest. In the morning the breakfast was a welcome suprise, and the food was great. Upon checking out I found the desk clerk Lori to be very pleasant and knowledgeable of the area I needed some direction and she was very willing to help me find my way. Overall an excellent experience would recommend to all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I needed a hotel room while visiting a friend and this place was the closest to where I needed to be. I was pleasantly surprised to find my room just a few doors down from the front entrance. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and I had a very pleasant night's sleep in a very clean room. The room was quite hot when I arrived, though it was a cool day, but the climate control helped normalize things within an hour and it was fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel was awful. The room smelled foul - like sour milk or something really disgusting. Maybe it is hit or miss because I heard other visitors saying how nice the place was, but I will never stay here again. Location is good for the university and restaurants, but definitely not worth it. Two thumbs down! :(

Room Tip: For a good room, stay in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple