All reviews waffles room was clean in town no avail decent hotel waffle maker sausage double bed breakfast options hotel location the breakfast area stayed one night bathroom door first floor fitness center walmart cereal
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed here from 10/5/12 and 10/6/12 It happened to be IUP homcoming weekend but we
were here for my cousins wedding. The hall ways especially on the 2nd floor smelled very strongly of cat urine. The good news was the rooms did not smell of cat urine. The reception area also had a very fowel odor. The breakfast was english muffins, coffee and juce. We did not want ot have it because of the bad oder. No fruit, no yogurt. Terrible. The night clerk on the 6th was so rude. We wanted to speak to the owner. Ofcourse we did not. He said we could leave and he would refund our money, knowing we had no where to go because everything was booked. We will not stay here again. It seems there has to be health code violations here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2012

This place was gross. Look elsewhere. The employees were constantly standing at the entrance smoking. If you do decide to stay there, check your bill. They over-charged us with a higher rate than quoted at time of making the reservation and added on a safe charge.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank PatGrahanBlock
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The room had a very musty odor. The carpet actually had a gritty feel to it. The hotel looked to be very run down and needs some major work. By the time we realized the poor conditions , we were unable to find another hotel nearby due to an event. If there was another opening elsewhere we would have been out of there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank ELON B
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We arrived late on the 10th of Sept with a reservation. We have stayed here 20+ times over the last 6+ years. My wife was using the toilet on the second floor and had liquid drip on her head. She looked up and saw a crack in the ceiling with steady drops of water or sewage from the bathroom above. There was a 3 foot water spot around the crack. Water stains were also in the wall. The toilet paper holder had rusted--therefore the leak had been there awhile. I reported the problem and asked for another room--there was no other room. I asked to speak to the manger--there was no manger. I asked to speak to the owner. He wouldn't talk to me. I was told through the clerk on duty that they wouldn't find me another room somewhere and I had to leave. The clerk told me that it wasn't sewage and the leak was fixed. Must have been there awhile. As we were leaving (my wife in her pajamas), the clerk said let me make a call for you and finally said she was sorry. We went to the Comfort Inn and will continue to do so. This appears to have been a known problem and hadn't been taken care of. There was no review for attitude but it was terrible as well.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jerry D
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My son attends Wyotech and I stayed here the first night of my visit with him. At first, the room seemed in good condition for the money but as I was just falling asleep, I opend my eyes to the sight of a bug crawling across my pillow. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the night tossing and turning. I woke up many times to examine the bed for more creepy crawlers. Never again...The last two nights were spent at the Holiday Inn in Indiana, PA. The Holiday Inn was so much cleaner, more comfortable, and NO creepy crawlers!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family