“Great Bread!”

Bruno's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 109 Restaurants in Indiana
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Denny and Mike would like to welcome you to Bruno's Italian Restaurant, where traditional, homemade Italian cuisine has been served for over 70 years. See for yourself why Bruno's is known as the place locals go and visitors must try.
“Great Bread!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Got take out. Bread and butter was best, bread fresh. Spaghetti is real thin, like angel hair. Not much sauce over pasta, dry. Salad was good with Italian dressing. I'm sure thus is a popular place with the locals. Seems like it's been around a long time. Get the bread!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Gracie R

key
“Nice Restaurant at very reasonable prices.”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This was a very average place to eat at very reasonable prices. Nice staff with a clean but little dark atmosphere. The salads were fresh and the food was tasty. You will be happy with the friendliness of the staff and the service is very timely. The portions are nice so you will not go away hungry. Overall it is a good small town dining experience.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JimmyfromForest
Dover, Delaware
“Old, dark, and not so good food”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We had hoped that this restaurant we picked for our granddaughters Graduation from Indiana University of PA would be a good choice for all of the 6 of us. Not so. The veal parmesan was overcooked, tough and not appetizing to look at but the spaghetti that was with it was ok. The shrimp cocktail was excellent however. The chicken parmesan was also overcooked and tough. I also got a baked potato with it and that was just ok. The room (wine cellar) was very dark with dusty fake bunches of grapes hanging around the ceiling. The waitress was very nice. I don't think I would go there again and not only because of the food but overall because the food was overpriced as well. The restaurant needs updating very badly and would be a challenge for the TV show "Restaurant Impossible".

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Catherine H
Urbana, Illinois
“Nice older establishment.”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Bruno's was a nice meeting place for our larger group of people, they were very accommodating when we showed up without notice. There was a cozy downstairs where we ate. The food was really very average and a little over priced, but our waitress was exceptional. The steak had a lot of gristle which made it difficult to eat, but the barley soup was very good. I am not sure I would choose this restaurant again if I were to visit Indiana, PA.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank CYearsley
Baltimore, Maryland
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I've been to this restaurant several times, and have never been disappointed. The sauce is delicious! In fact, I asked the manager if he would consider selling me some. (He said that it was available in jars, but I declined since I was flying home.) I had the lasagna. It contained the perfect balance of ingredients. I was told that it was the recipe that the original owner, Mr. Bruno, used. Others at the table got chicken parmesan, pizza and a cheese steak sub and really enjoyed them.

Visited March 2013