“Comfortable and practical.”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Indiana
Allegany
“Comfortable and practical.”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed with a large group and found most of the reviews to be accurate. You'll find a strong cigarette smoke smell in rooms that are in annex toward back of hotel. Our room was comfortable and clean. There is a larger size dorm fridge in each room along with a microwave. Thin walls made conversations in hall and adjoining rooms seem like they might be in your room. Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Booked Room 147 (Jacuzzi Suite)

Room was clean

Nicely equipped

My Rate was $109.00---I would say it was worth it

Jazcuzzi was small. People of size need not rent with intention of using jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi is small
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank MEOWZEE
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I now understand the negative reviews on this hotel. On previous stays our room had been in the 'main' building of the hotel, this time we were given a room in the distant part of the L shaped building. There we experienced all the complaints others had listed: horrible smell, poor lighting, inconsistent water flow and constant noise (from the ice machine, parking lot, slamming outer doors). As usual we were told the hotel was full so moving was not an option. Next time we will request a room in the main buliding when making reservations.

Room Tip: stay away from "annex" rooms @ end of L shaped building
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank collegetrips_11
AllentownPA
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Quality Inn & Suites is located about a mile and a half outside of Indiana. The beds are comfortable, room includes a small refrigerator, microwave, large flat screen, but that's about it. Tiny one cup coffee maker in the room - not very good.

Showerhead has many options. Towels - two sets for the room and very thin - just one use each.

Room looked and smelled all right - but found cream cheese container in one drawer, candy wrapper in another and another by the bed. Heater noisy - went off an on frequently.

Hallway carpet dirty with construction material - after two days still not clean.

While of sections Quality Inn are no smoking, the lounge is. The smell permeated the lobby and passageway but the manager did not seem to care. The hallway door leading to the rooms kept it from rooms.

Pool is outdoors so limited season. Exercise room consists of 3 machines.

Breakfast room average, hidden off the hallway. Includes juice, fruit, waffel-maker, bagels (plain only), toaster, choice of cerials and pre-made eggs. Coffee is far better than in the room.

Not a bad two nights but I think there are better options at the same price or less.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking away from the ounge.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I walked into the Quality Inn lobby and was immediately taken aback by the strong and offensive cigarette odor. They have a lounge that allows smoking, and it was QUITE smoky. I requested a non-smoking room and we were given a room on the first floor. The hallway had a set of swinging double doors separating it from the lobby but the smell of smoke was also strong down the hall. We went into our room and it did NOT smell like smoke, but as soon as my husband turned on the heater and the air began to circulate, the room began to smell. I went to the door to figure out why our room was smelling and there was about a 1 inch gap between the bottom of the door and the floor and I could feel (and smell) air coming into our room. I got towels and crammed them under the door and turned the heater off but the room was already stinky. I was already exhausted and undressed at this point so did not request a room change but the stink gave me a headache. I could also hear the band playing but not very loud and it didn't bother me. The room itself was immaculate and modern with a very comfortable bed, flat tv on the wall and very nice bathroom. I would give this stay the highest review if not for the foul smoke odor. I would stay here again because the room was great and it was such a good value but I would request a room all the way at the end of the hall and/or on an upper level. Also the continental breakfast was very good and more extensive than most, and the employees kept it clean and kept food items filled.

Room Tip: If you don't want to smell cigarette smoke get a room all the way at the end of the hall or one...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Canonsburg, PA
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I work in the Oil and Gas business and have to travel quite a bit for work. The last 2-3 months I have been in the Indiana, PA area and have largely stayed at the Quality Inn. For the money it is easily the best value in the area when you consider the Comfort Inn and Hampton are over $100/night and having stayed at the Comfort Inn on one occassion(I will not go back) when the Quality Inn was booked, I can say that you don't get what you pay for there.

Rooms are good sized with a decent bathroom area and you get a fridge/microwave combo which is big for me because I don't like to always eat out when I am on the road and it allows me to bring and keep food/drink in the room. Fitness center is adequate and has enough equipment to get in a decent workout while on the road. The nicest thing for me though is the new furniture and renovated rooms. You get a large desk area which is great if you are on business, plenty of outlets to hook up your computer/printer etc. and a nice HDTV for kicking back and relaxing late in the evening. The only hang up is they don't actually have HD cable service, but that's really no big deal.

The wireless internet is free, but depending on where you are in the hotel the signal can be really sketchy. That would be one of my few complaints. The only other problem I've had was room not being ready on time, this has happened a couple of times and I've had to wait 20-30 minutes after 3pm to check in, even one Sunday I came to check-in around 7pm and the room was not ready despite a 3pm check in. Hasn't been a huge deal to me as the wait has normally only been 20-30 minutes and the staff has been friendly and shown a desire to be helpful. This area is getting a lot of new business from the Oil and Gas industry so the hotels are all experiencing a boom in occupancy, espcially from rig workers. I've had to book 1-2 weeks in advance just about every time I've come up to Indiana.

Overall for the money this is probably one of the best hotels to stay in for this area, especially if you are a choice hotels member or a member of AAA, you can normally get a decent room rate if you book a week or two in advance that is way lower than the Comfort Inn and you'll get a much better quality stay. The only hotel I've stayed in that was nicer was the Hampton, but it's not worth it for what you have to pay for. Would stay away from the Holiday Inn as well, since that is where the majority of the oil rig workers are staying and they tend to be loud and rowdy and up at all hours of the night carrying on.

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi suites are nice, but the tub is very small. If you are over 5'-8" you won't...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DaShuk2381
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I stay here often in the winter months, or when I have late night classes at IUP. Even after several months in between stays, the staff remembered my name and they go out of their way to make sure my stay is comfortable!

• Stayed September 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indiana
Park Inn by Radisson Indiana
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Ebensburg

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Indiana? Share your experiences!