“Friendly Welcome”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fladbury
Avon Reflections B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Fladbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We found this B&B after an online search and were able to book one night as they were busy and I can understand why, we were greeted by Steve & Caroline with a cup of tea and homemade flapjacks, our room was on the ground floor, small but clean and tidy with a wonderful view of the River Avon just 20 yards from our patio door. Even the ducks were friendly. Breakfast was lovely and included homemade jam, The owners were helpful with suggestions of where to eat and drink as the village of Fladbury is very very small, it has two pubs a butchers and a hairdressers, we were advised to travel further afield to eat as one of the pubs doesn't do food at the moment and the other is being run down prior to the owner moving on. Both Steve and Caroline do all that they can to make your stay a perfect one, we would certainly go back again. I have to say the mattress and pillows were the most comfortable I have ever slept on.

Room Tip: We had the ground floor double ensuite with a lovely view of the River Avon from our part of the pat...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenKev_12
ARSteve, Owner at Avon Reflections B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Many thanks - we pride ourselves on the comfort of our beds. We look forward to seeing you again and are pleased to say that good pub food is back on the menu nearby.

There are newer reviews for Avon Reflections B&B

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Excellent pre and post wedding stay. The view was amazing, breakfast was tailored to preference, very friendly and helpful hosts, even sent my left-behind nighty by post without asking. Would stay again for a start of narrow boat holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Well worth a visit. A fantastic B & B in a great location with wildlife everywhere to watch. Highly recommended and the food at the Chequers Inn was excellent too. The ducks know exactly when breakfast time is (not that there was much left over to give them from ours).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Clean and comfortable family room with a very comfortable bed and a good nights sleep. Breakfast was very good, and the views from the room were fantastic. Shower was great, nothing to fault. Easy to find, with good parking. Not here long enough to explore the village pubs, sadly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I chose to stay at Avon Relections B&B, Fladbury for its location.When I look for holiday accomodation I don't want somewhere in a busy town but I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere either. I like a village with a couple of pubs and to be near water - sea, lake or river. Then there has to be wildlife. I know I seem to be fussy but Avon Reflections fitted the bill.......and more.

My husband and I were warmly welcomed by Caroline and Steve and were treated to afternoon tea in the guest lounge overlooking their beautiful garden which slopes gently down to the river Avon. I am coeliac and had emailed ahead to ask if it would be okay to bring my own gluten free breakfast cereal. I was delighted to discover that Caroline had baked a gluten free cake and very nice it was too!
As we were chatting and drinking our tea a squirrel came right up to the window and peered inside.There had been a possible otter sighting in the garden, Steve kindly lent me binoculars but I was not lucky enough to see the otter or kingfisher. However the garden is swarming with birds and you really don't know where to look first.

We stayed in the Riverside room which has a veranda - chairs are provided to take out (which would have been lovely if it had been warmer).
The room is spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean.

Breakfast was excellent and beautifully presented using locally sourced produce.
It is the first time ever I have been given gluten free bread in a B&B - I always have to just do without.
Also I must mention Carolines home made jam - it was amazing.
I would like to refer to a previous reviewers comments regarding the toasting station which I think was rather harsh. In our opinion this is a better system than being served toast when you are not ready for it. It only takes a couple of seconds and you have piping hot toast - simples.

We crammed a lot into our days but dined every evening at The Bell Cropthorne, which has an excellent gluten free menu,
The 2 pubs in Fladbury The Anchor and The Chequers were great to pop into before going back to our room

We had a lovely stay and will go back again as it was "just our cup of tea"

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Superb view of River Avon from Riverside Room. Owners very accomodating, friendly and willing to help with any requests. Fladbury is a pretty old style English village with a couple of pubs which serve food within easy walking distance of Avon Reflections. Also for a gastronmic experience try The Old Chestnut Pub in Lower Moore a couple of miles away.
We very much enjoyed staying at Avon Reflections and will do so again.

Room Tip: Ask for the Riverside Room with a balcony that overlooks the River Avon about 50 yards away.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm M
Reviewed 27 November 2012

My husband and I stayed with our three children aged 15, 5 and 4 on 24th November. We were made very welcome by Steve and Caroline and the ginger cake which we demolished on arrival was a generous addition to our tea. We found the guest sitting room very useful, because we stayed in there after the younger children had gone to bed and could enjoy our evening without disturbing them. Our hosts were very tolerant of our lively little boys and air-headed teenager, who managed to mislay her room key on departure, and this helped Mum and Dad relax too, on our weekend away.
The location, both with respect to two nice pubs within easy walking distance and the view of the river (and flooded water meadows beyond), is excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
ARSteve, Owner at Avon Reflections B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Many thanks for your kind words. It is a pleasure to welcome such a nice family and to hear that our location, facilities and cakes are so appreciated!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fladbury
The Wood Norton Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pershore
Chequers Inn
Chequers Inn
#2 of 2 in Fladbury

Been to Avon Reflections B&B? Share your experiences!