“Don't go past it”
Review of The Boot Inn

The Boot Inn
Reviewed 23 September 2013

WE found this as a near half way stop off between Fife and Devon.What a find! The room was first class at a very reasonable rate. The choice in the restaurant was wide and when it came it was brilliant. After eating we were joined in the bar by some very friendly locals and had some good banter We would hope to be back. Charlie and Christine

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charles M

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have just returned from staying at the Boot for 2 nights. I can only agree with the past reviewers, this Inn is wonderful. We arrived late on Friday night and were made to feel very welcome both by the staff and by locals. We enjoyed a wonderful nights sleep on a very comfortable bed. The room was spacious and well fitted out with a nice en-suite bathroom and was very quiet. The breakfast was excellent with a full English but also fruit, yoghurt and cereal. Last night we ate in the restaurant which was again wonderful. The place was packed so I was glad we had booked. The menu was varied and it all looked nice but we treated ourselves to the fillet steaks which you cook yourself on the hot stones. The quality of the steak was wonderful. All in all we loved our time at The Boot Inn and will definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4 which had a really comfortable bed but I am sure the other rooms are just as goo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank quin88
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I was recommended this place to stay whilst on a course nearby and was really pleased I chose here. Lovely and relaxed in a beautiful rural setting. Really nice, clean rooms - great value for money, and good food with a nice selection of vegetarian dishes. The staff are friendly and were ever so kind to me. I arrived on public transport, not realising how difficult it is to get taxis (a few companies I rang wouldn't come out at all and one charged £28 to drive me 4 miles!!) and buses in the area, they offered to take me and pick me up from my training - wonderful service!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Hollie J
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have visited here for the food and drink and not stayed here so our comments are purely on that basis.

There are three pubs around this village and they are all excellent and unique. As you enter the Boot you are entering a small quaint English pub with some large comfy sofas to sit and drink, however wander past the bar and you enter the former dairy and conservatory which have been converted into a quaint but large dining area. The conservatory is bright and airy but the dairy is the better place with old beams and a very cosy atmosphere.

The food is a mix of traditional pub fayre with some interesting additions and their cheese and leek soup was superb and if you are hungry the large doorstops of fresh bread will easily leave you satisfied. The best bit is the price, ok it is not a two for one place but then you get what you pay for and here it is great food at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D B
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This was recommended to me by a work colleague, and I'm so glad he did. It is a really relaxing, family run, place to stay. Rooms are excellent value for money, all a good size with plenty of tea and coffee in the room - none of this "just 2 teas, coffees and milks" that you get at the chain hotels. All the staff are really helpful and always happy. Breakfast is great and freshly cooked to order, and the meals in the restaurant are very good too and also all freshly cooked. I really can't fault it. I am a frequent travller, and I will definitely be staying again (and already have done twice).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CeBea
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Recommend to us and was spot on,
I tried the salmon (see photo) which you cook yourself on a piece of volcanic rock, which is heated to 400c, very easy and a great experience, wife had veggie sausage and mash which she enjoyed.
Nice atmosphere, great food and good service.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank kg1360
Reviewed 18 August 2013

What a gem of a place , the room was fantastic, very clean and comfortable/ Excellent night sleep in a super comfy bed, and it was nice and quiet! We had a meal in the restaurant which was delicious, presentation and quality was second to none ! Every aspect of our stay was brilliant , all the staff were friendly and polite, we will be coming back !

Room Tip: book early !
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Alcester
The Bulls Head Inn
The Bulls Head Inn
#1 of 1 in Inkberrow

Been to The Boot Inn? Share your experiences!