“hidden gem”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2014

wow what a find. four of us went for a meal on 10th may on a groupon voucher. before i booked this i didnt even know it was there, tucked away by the station. we arrived to be greeted by very friendly staff who it seemed that nothing was to much trouble. the seafood deli starter was amazing my partner had fishcakes which where lovely (only moan could you put on the menu that they have salmon in as my partner didnt like salmon) i luv it so did well out of the deal lol i had the salmon for main. it was cooked to perfection and my friends had steak which they said was not only cooked perfectly but tasted gr8 too. our waitress a blond smiley girl was very friendly. all in all would recommend this place and we will definitly be back (for the steak night me thinks) c you soon.ps bit more corn in the peppercorn sauce would be good.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Well first visit to hartlebury , definelty will be back so close to station so will be a nice change instead of driving take the train .

The waitresses were all very good attentive and smiley .

Deli sea starter excellent very tasty . Fillet steak excellent , but the pepper sauce was definelty lacking in flavour. The chips and onion rings were very good .

Th bar had a good stock of real ales . Great pub grub we will go back .

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My wife and I had just been to see Evita in Malvern and were on our way home. We'd tried The Wagon Wheel at Grimley which was like the Marie Celeste and had fled. So here we were at The Old Ticket Office.
The restaurant is spotlessly clean and well presented. The decor is in light wood paneling which, if it were dark, I'd call Brewery Baronial so let's call it blond Brewery Baronial. Either way it's very pleasant.
We weren't desperately hungry and we were there to be fed and not for a gastronomical experience.
The menu is quite ordinary which is evidenced by my wife's Ham, egg and chips and my Ceasar Salad. My wife enjoyed her meal but to be honest the chicken in my salad was the toughest bird I've ever eaten. I'm still getting it from between my teeth.
The Cheesy garlic bread as substantial and a pleasant precursor to the main course and the sauvignon blanc was pleasant and at the correct temperature.
Service was slow but the young head chef came at the end of the meal to tell us it was his day off and the second chef wasn't having an easy time, there were fourteen guest in the restaurant. I was left wondering if he was around why did he not give the second chef a hand.
The bill was £32.35.
I go out for lunch every month with a pal and I will certainly give The Old Ticket Office another try but next time perhaps I'll try the Gnocchi instead.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Four of us visited on a Wednesday using a Groupon voucher, although there was only a couple of people eating at one table so not busy we had a long wait for our food. The food itself was excellent, the choice was limited and although our voucher said it included Rib Eye steak and also when the table reservation was made the gentleman who took the call mentioned the inclusion of rib eye steak the waitress told us that the grill menu was not included in the Groupon offer which was disappointing. Not sure we would go back again.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We visited for lunch using a recent voucher promotion deal. It's a very interesting set-up, it is literally an old ticket office but on the platform of an in use, unmanned,village train station!

It was very quiet when we arrived although just as we sat down quite a large crowd of workers came in from a nearby trading estate, not to eat just for drinks. This put a little pressure on the sole barman/waiter but he coped very well and the young chef came out to lend a hand by taking the orders. They were both very friendly and efficient.

We did have to wait quite a while for our food but when it came it was rather good. The menu had a pleasing range of choices and the prices were reasonable. Definitely on our list for a revisit soon.