“Good Value for Money”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Hi,
Both my wife and I use this public house a lot for food. Its located quite close to where we live and the food is very good.
We visited last night and both chose the specials from the board. My wifes was really nice and a generous portion. Mine was good but they managed to `burn` some of the new potatoes so it could have been a little better, but saying that the pork and mushrooms was very nice.
The staff are very friendly and helpful so no worries their. The pub is very cosy and has a warm atmosphere.
Overall it serves good pub grub !

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I organised a meal for my colleagues, 40 in total. Our afternoon at the Mitre oak was absolutely brilliant. The staff were top notch and the food mouth watering, none of us could say a bad thing. The organisation was fantastic and we had a section to ourselves which made our experience very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend going to the Mitre Oak to anyone as I will certainly be going back myself.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

05 December 2012... How can a restaurant get away with such bad food! The starter... not only badly presented it managed to taste as bed as it looked. The Turkey was a Boil-in-a bag meal which was devoid of all taste and in part still frozen. Took my drink (Bitter Shandy) back and complained that it tasted of washing-up liquid but was still charged for the replacement .Staff on the whole efficient, but seemed in a great hurry to get closed (21.30) .. Travelled quite a way to meet someone there, but would never bother again.

No wonder so many pubs are closing!

1  Thank smw664
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Staff were abrupt and appeared to be in a hurry, although it was a quiet night. The portions were small, stuffing was overcooked, we had to ask for gravy and they did not do vegetarian gravy so they had to have their meals dry. The food was not the best, the turkey had a processed look and taste as did the potatoes (of the famous frozen brand) We were hurried throughout the evening. On a positive note, the desert was lovely.

1  Thank Dawn186424
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Nice family orientated pub, good food, did not take long and was very hot - perfect! All of the staff were helpful, and smiled the whole time. Will return soon!

1  Thank Andytracy25