“Disappointing”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Habberley Valley Local Nature Reserve
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

OK, so maybe I was a bit hyped up about Habberley Valley, having heard by dad talk about going to it in his childhood. I thought it was pretty disappointing, pretty enough, with parking, and a bit of countryside to mooch about in for an afternoon with the kids. Not really big enough for a proper dog walk, so we went on the circular trail, quite a lot of which was across sheep fields, where they had to be on a lead, or along roads. And the signposts disappeared at the last minute, luckily I had taken a proper map so it was not the problem it could have been, otherwise we might have ended up walking back to Kidderminster.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Park up and start walking to the rock. The best way up is from the back. The kids loved it. Take drinks/picnic, then try Jacob's ladder, there are steps one end.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

I did this walk with my partner, I suffer with arthritis. The distance said just over 2 miles, which would have been fine if It was more flat. I struggled with the hills. There was a public footpath that it lead us to which was a narrow plank of wood across a horse field and the horse was huge and we would have had to walk right past it, it was tapping it's feet in the mood. And more horses was in the field which this path was walking to and it was dropping dark so we did not want to risk upsetting the horses as I could not run if I needed to. We then has to go the road way which said a further 35 minute walk back to the car park. I had to ring a taxi from kinver to get back to the carpark. Not an advisable walk if you suffer with bad joints, as there was not one resting place or bench to take a few minutes out. Don't be put off. Nice walk if you don't suffer with agonising joint pain.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I have recently discovered this wonderful hidden gem on my doorstep! After getting a new family dog I have been exploring the local countryside and have found Habberley Valley to be fantastic dog walking territory. The paths in place can be steep that lead into the valley although there is the option of driving to the car park giving level access to the valley.
This is a really beautiful setting which is peaceful and slightly mysterious when walking there early in the morning in a slight mist. The sandstone cliffs surrounding the eastern edge of the valley make for an impressive setting.
Well worth a visit for walkers and dog walkers alike.

1  Thank Rachel M
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Came here on a family day out with my Mom, Dad, Niece & Nephew. At first it was a bit hard to find as following the postcode on the satnav does not take you to the right location. However if you take the Habberley Road (B4190), coming out from Bewdley and take the left up the lane alongside the golf club, this will take you to it.

For a place that is free to enter, Habberley Valley is a tidy, beautiful and well maintained park, making it a good location for photographs! There are information boards telling you about what wildlife can be found here. My young niece and nephew enjoyed running around, exploring the wooded areas and hunting for insects using their bug catching kits. There is also a large sandstone rock which visitors have carved their names into over the years,.

As a word of advice I would suggest bringing fold up chairs of some sort with you as there are a shortage of benches in the nature park - oh and watch out for the odd bit of dog poo!. This did not stop us from enjoying our picnics though!

A very fun family day out!

1  Thank PeakyBlinder92