“Nice food.”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I've visited this restaurant on a few occasions over the last few years and it is very popular with local people. It's licensed, and they sell Cobra, which is always a nice accompaniment to a curry.

They do push the healthy approach to cooking food and are endorsed by the NHS, Clean Food Award and Heartbeat Award. Sometimes, these things can be a bit gimmicky, but they've also got a 5* Food Hygiene Rating, which suggests that these folks are serious about their claims. I've enquired about healthy meals and the staff are able to advise on the various options available.

Parking is rarely a problem in Mill Street.

Give it a go, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

2  Thank Chidakasha

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have been to café masala several times over the years, and the standard of food and service is consistently excellent, no matter how many people there are in the group. From the genuinely warm welcome to the wave goodbye at the end of the meal and everything in between, it is a real pleasure to eat here. Our visit this time was just as lovely as ever. thank you

2  Thank DebraTaylorMBE
Reviewed 4 February 2014

What a lovely night my work colleagues and I had in Café Masala. We all frequent different Indian restaurants due to where we live separately. Here was central for us all. Not sounding rude but some of the group only frequent top expensive Birmingham restaurants and I was not sure if they would moan. Totally the opposite!! We cleared every single bit of our food. The whole table asked if we could meet up here again for our night out. We all text to say we felt fresh and clear mouthed the next day. The ingredients were very pure and not like these cheap nasty garlic powder processed cheap rubbish other restaurants use. The price was very reasonable, the restaurant was immaculately clean, (prawns in my dish were delicious!) and the staff.. well, you can tell it's privately owned. Smart, professional and nothing was too much trouble. Sometimes Indian restaurant staff can be almost too friendly and drive you don't always feel they are genuine. These guys were smashing. Really nice. We live in Bridgnorth and I will be coming again with my family separately. You can even park easily which is a bonus. A great Indian restaurant worth trying for quality, value and friendliness.

3  Thank Jane E
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I have frequented the Cafe Masala since it opened and have never been disappointed. The staff are friendly and attentive without being intrusive the chef often coming out at the end of the evening to chat with customers. The food is fresh, healthy (less fat and salt) and can be spiced according to your own taste. We have eaten at many curry houses in the Uk and The Cafe Masala still comes out tops for us.

2  Thank NickyP53
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was delighted to see a top rated Indian close to my 'one night' hotel whilst away with work. I donned my coat and walked the mile to get to cafe masala. I was shown to a table in the window and gave my drink order. The service was average, my beer took a while to arrive and the waiter seemed rather disinterested although the owner (I presume) did make an effort to engage.

I had a perfectly acceptable poppadum starter with plentiful onions and mango chutney (although the lime pickle seemed a bit suspect). I ordered from the menu but the lamb based curry I received was interesting. It was lacking lamb for a start, a few sparse chunks of meat and the sauce had a hint of burnt about it and was rather dry/clarty. maybe this is down to my poor palate but I have eaten enough good curries to know a good one and I am afraid to report I don't regard this as a good one. It was entirely adequate.