“Lovely pub and restaurant”

The Swan @ Blakedown
Ranked #17 of 133 Restaurants in Kidderminster
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A friendly, family run 18th Century Country Pub serving quality traditional ales and home cooked quality food. Family friendly with patio, beer garden and children's play area set in the historical village of Blakedown, Kiddermister.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is a really lovely pub with a nice relaxed atmosphere, the staff are always very helpful and friendly. My wife and I have eaten here on a fair few occasions and the food is always top notch, I would thoroughly recommend the Swan for lunch or dinner or even just a couple of pints in a nice friendly pub.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Exquisite food with a wonderful wine list and friendly, charming staff. I've eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. It has a wonderful atmosphere and is perfect for all occasions.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I've just read through some of the reviews and am quite surprised as I do not find them to be reflective of my visit. My husband and I popped in on bank holiday Monday for lunch. Unsurprisingly it was busy but we were promptly found a table. Despite how busy they we were, service was excellent and the food was amazing. We both had starters and mains. I had the soup and my husband the chilli nachos to start, both were fantastic. For mains we had the 14oz rump steak and the lasagne, both very generous is portion size and both delicious. The food is obviously home made and fresh, it was one of the nicest meals we have had. I found the staff to be very friendly and welcoming and despite being busy found the time to make sure we were enjoying our experience. The atmosphere was great and we will definitely be returning to try their dinner menu.
Thanks guys. Look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We decided to eat here as the menu looked promising, it was almost too quiet when we arrived and we felt uncomfortable having a conversation as everyone in there would have been able to hear us. We ordered starters, mixed olives with "chunky bread" with olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip and nachos with roasted peppers. When the starters arrived, there was no dip and the chunky bread turned out to be pre sliced shop bought granary loaf. The olives were in oil with mustard seed dressing which tasted like soap and the olive oil and balsamic vinegar dips were not there. Luckily there was both on the table so we helped ourselves to a side plate and made our own.
The nachos were a tiny portion with cheese on, which was not melted, the 'roasted peppers' had not seen the inside of an oven and the dips, although served on a nice plate, were very minimal especially considering they were £7. All in all we could have made it ourselves, better and for much cheaper. What sounded like two lovely starters were very disappointing.
When we arrived a couple opposite us had already ordered starters, half way through our starters they were told the panda cotta had not set so could they have something else, they changed to a creme brûlée, which then took she's to arrive.
Our starter plates were cleared, before we'd actually even finished and our mains were delivered literally 30 seconds later... We ordered Jamaican jerk chicken and rice and a burger with Stilton on.
The jerk chicken had no flavour and the chicken was incredibly dry I had to guzzle my drink to even swallow it. The rice was plain boiled rice, again, with no sauce or anything with it, it was incredibly dry. There was a mixed salad on the side which had the same weird oil and mustard dressing as the olives. The only positive thing about this meal was it was very hot (oven got not spicy hot) the ciabatta for the bun was far too big the burger looked lost. The chunky chips were just normal chips and none of it looked home made.
We weren't asked if our meal was okay until we had eaten as much as we could stomach. We quickly paid our bill and left.

I now have a dodgy stomach so I definitely won't be returning here again.

3  Thank MissT89
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Went out for lunch ,recommend by friends best Sunday lunch ever ....trio of roast meats followed by homemade cheesecake ..