“My favourite. ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Bewdley and the surrounding area has a fair few country pubs offering great food and atmosphere. However this restaurant is my all time favourite. Mamble is about 10-15minutes drive out of the town centre. Set menu is available on weekend evenings, which is greatly appreciated if you are dropping in for a quick-eat. The a la Carte menu I have found extensive - with duck breast! (Mmmmm).. Having worked in a restaurant for the last 7 years, I can only compliment the pub for its efforts. Who would have thought having your own salt and pepper grinder with a flower on the table would make such a difference? The pub boasts a great atmosphere on the times I have visited, be it buzzing with life or quiet and relaxed. Tables are adequate in the restaurant but unlike most - not overcrowded or intrusive. It's the small things which show the efforts that have gone into this pub, which contribute to the high standard of food and service that I have always been fortunate to receive. Keep doing what your doing. Thank you!

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Eaten here several times.
Been here with group of friends with children as family and with partner. It's nice for anyone. Food always been excellent. Place is spotless and staff always welcoming

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Food not up to expectations. Pastry underdone on main course pies and gravy too watery.
Mince pies also underdone and short on filling.
Restaurant so cold we couldn't take our coats off.
Friendly staff.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Love love LOVE this pub/restaurant. Everything about the hostelry is truly fabulous - the location, the décor, the award winning toilets - yes it's true!, the owners, staff and of course the food and last but not least, the dogs.

The ambiance is so warm and inviting and it isn't just from the lovely open fire. You really are made to feel very special. Ordering in the lounge before going through to the restaurant is a very relaxing experience but once you enter the restaurant the magic continues. The presentation of the food, the quality, the service - all wonderful. Wendy and her team continually check that everything is alright - without being intrusive.

I cannot rate the Sun and Slipper high enough, it really is a truly fabulous experience.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We booked a lunch here for 20-odd people and found they were well prepared for us in this out-of-the-way location where I doubt they have such numbers in one party for lunch during a normal week!
There was a varied lunchtime menu and between us we asked for quite a range. Nevertheless, the food arrived in good time, well cooked and with cheerful and efficient staff. I had the home-made beefburger and would recommend it highly as one of the best burgers I've had.

Nobody had any complaints and we felt they had done an excellent job.

1  Thank IPBushy