“Excellent”

Sun and Slipper
Ranked #18 of 121 Restaurants in Kidderminster
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

After reading the reviews on the sun & slipper and deciding to ignore the couple of bad reviews and try this restaurant for our anniversary ...I'm so so glad I did ,warm welcome ,lovely staff ,food excellent ,I think it's very hard to please everyone & we all have are bad days ..I've eaten in many restaurants and this is up there with the best ,I've rebooked for return visit for my sons birthday & Christmas lunch for my family , thank you for a wonderful evening ,see you soon .

• Visited July 2014

Bewdley, United Kingdom
“keith & marg”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

we have known roger and wendy for a number of years now and they never fail to please.Excellent food and service always with a smile,all this plus value for money job done!!

1 Thank 528778Keith44
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Bad service”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and chose this pub from the good reviews. We booked the table for 8pm and the chap that took our reservation even gave us directions it sounded perfect. We arrived at 7.45pm 15 mins early, we had a drink in the bar and was asked to look at the menus, they took our order at 8pm, some of the food was not available, we normally have a starter but the asparagus was not available so we decided to opt for a main and a pudding. Because we didn't order a starter, they did not take us to the table, we sat in the cold bar for over an hour, we was not made very welcome at all. When we eventually was told our table was ready at 9pm they didn't show us to the table they just said its over there, we sat down and straight away our food was served. We were not offered drinks with the meal and my husband had to ask for his chips, the food was good but the service was terrible. I just wanted to have a bottle of wine at the table and enjoy the evening. The service really did spoil our wedding anniversary.

2 Thank Debbie S
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous lunch”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Not having much time, due to work, ordered from the lunchtime menu. Fabulous live, bacon and onions with fresh veg and gorgeous garlic potatoes. In 21 years the first time my husband had offal! Greeted, seated and fed, out in under an hour. Thanks Roger and Wendy. Guess who is coming back for more today!

“Lovely lovely food!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Me and my family came here for my grandparents golden wedding anniversary. It was a busy Sunday for them! Everyone but me had some sort of roast, being vegetarian I had the Mushroom and veg stir fry, I have never tasted anything quite so good! Honestly one of the best meals out I have ever had.

I don't see why people moan about the waitresses, they are young! Of course they are inexperienced, but you learn on the job, they do their best and are very pleasant and honest, if they don't know the answer to something they go and find it out for you.

My only downfall of the entire visit was that they kept going in and out of what I presume was the kitchen and slamming the door shut behind them, which made everything shake! and a rather loud bang.

I would happily come back here a million times over! Thank you for my lovely meal

• Visited March 2014