“The good ..and not so good”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Kidderminster
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kidderminster
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“The good ..and not so good”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The TL is great! Squeaky clean and comfortable with friendly helpful staff.
What I would NOT recommend are certain evenings to go to the Watermill restaurant opposite! Some nights are fine, others, when a certain member of 'management' staff are on duty are, not good. From past experience avoid a wednesday when the welcome ..is not welcome at all !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

The greeting that we got from 'Pearl' on out arrival said it all - great customer service - so friendly. & helpful - which does make a change nowadays.
Newly refurbished Travelodge, bedrooms a fair size for our one night stay.
Comfy bed, crisp clean sheets and duvets.
What more could you ask for at the reasonable price.
We looked at other places but then
You had to pay for parking elsewhere and here it is free.
Recommended.
Enjoy.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Once again I have stayed at the Kidderminster lodge. And there has been not 1 change happen, everything is prefect! I love it, as I am visiting family knowing that the hotel WILL be good and not disappointing! Staff are brilliant, and such a pleasure to chat to as they do their best AND more! The new look of the room is stunning and gives that extra edge to stand out, which is really good because it's just a added bonus to what the lodge already has!! If you are looking for a hotel in this area, this is the one!!!!

Stayed March 2014
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I Recently stayed at Travelodge in Kidderminster as usually I use Travelodge in Birmingham for nights out in the city and occasionally I book this for work colleagues which is second to none, however after arranging to meet with friends in Kidderminster I thought I would try the Kidderminster lodge, I must say I was unimpressed with my stay the level of cleanliness was below average the bathroom was sticky and not cleaned properly, the room smelled of smoke which to my knowledge was a non smoking room and the bed sheets in my opinion were not fresh on in fact we slept on top of the sheets as I did not feel it was clean, I did mention it at the desk in the morning however i felt ignored and the lady on the desk got another colleague to attend the desk and I presume the colleague was the manager, she said if I didn't like it I could get a refund, no apology! NOT great service at all, overall disappointed with my stay and it has tarnished my opinion of travelodge, I have even looked at new hotels in BIrmingham for my clients which is a shame as I have always had good service in the past, not good at all :(

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Claire T
australia
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here for five nights in March. This accommodation provided great value for money. Check in and out was swift
All the staff were very friendly. The room suited it's purpose entirely. The bed was very comfortable. There's free parking outside the premises.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are probably quieter than those on the ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in early March, finding it was simple, checking in was simple, checking out was simple, exactly what you want from a hotel. The lady on reception made us feel welcome straight away told us everything we needed to know without having to ask!

The room is exactly what you expect from a budget hotel and more, it was clean and warm when we arrived, the bed was extremely comfortable no outside noise from passing traffic and a TV with freeview that worked and a bathroom that has everything you would need for a comfortable stay.

The friendly staff are what make the hotel that extra bit special, based in a nice little town and less than a 5 minute drive to West Midland Safari Park and a really nice 2-4-1 pub on its doorstep.

For the price you pay you leave feeling extremely satisfied with yourself!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

What a wonderful budget hotel, wasnt expecting much for the price we paid! but WOW were we surprised! we had a weekend stay here while we visited the West Midlands Safari Park which is literally only 5mins away so ideal location. But the Staff at the hotel here are more welcoming and polite than some of the 5 star hotels we have stayed in, every staff member we met from the hotel manager Sherrie to the night shift manager Mark were so helpful, and it seemed like nothing was too much trouble for them. We arrived late in the evening and with 2 kids and luggage in tow Mark came out and even helped with the luggage and took it upto our rooms for us which I thought was a real nice gesture. These guys are real credit to Travelodge, and make this little budget hotel stand out from the rest.

The hotel itself is really clean and tidy aswell its still quite a new buliding with the new look designed rooms which I must say are really cool looking and look brilliant compared to places like Etap or the older dated travelodges, really comfy king size bed so a good night sleep was had, and a big thanks to Sherrie for giving us a quite room on the top floor as we werent woken once by any noise what so ever.

In general even on a weekend this place seems like a quite hotel, no big crowds of lads etc or anything of that sort and even though theres a pub bang across the hotel its seems a decent quite crowd that go there, as our room was facing the pub so we thought come kick out time we would hear shouting etc but nothing what so ever which was a pleaseant surpise.

The only thing provided in the room is a kettle, with coffee tea etc but there is no hair dryer but you can borrow one from reception also in the bathroom there was soap at the sink BUTNO shower gel or anything in the bath/shower which was strange! the only other thing we were disappointed by was the 2 extra beds that were provided in the family room they were literally two bases without any sort of mattress with a bed sheet chucked over, which seem to suffice for the kids but for an adult to sleep on would be very uncomfortable, so definately not a very good design idea by Travelodge here.

But once again if your looking for a decent hotel and dont want to be paying over the odds for a short stay you really cant go wrong here, and with the staff being as helpful and as friendly as they are we wouldnt hesitate for a second going back.

Room Tip: higher up rooms on 2nd floor are quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kidderminster
Gainsborough House Hotel
Travelodge Hartlebury
#1 of 1 in Hartlebury
Hogarths Stone Manor
The Granary Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Travelodge Kidderminster? Share your experiences!