“Kidderminster Premiere Inn”

Premier Inn Kidderminster Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kidderminster
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Excellent stay and excellent value for money at the Premiere Inn, Kidderminster during Christmas holidays. Good development of old Mill building. Facilities clean and in good working order. Pleased to have a decent shower available.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Kidderminster Hotel

Reviewed 24 December 2013

The service was excellent. A very quiet comfortable room.
A very good experience.
It is very handy for shopping. It is also well placed for visits to Severn Valley Railway and the Safari Park Will definitely stay again

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel is a cut above the usual Premier Inns I have encountered.
It is located in central Kidderminster in a Grade 2 listed Textile Mill. It is one of the new format Premiers featuring a 'Kitchen dining area' for breakfast rather than the usual 'pub next door' approach and this work well for both convenience and quality.
Staff were friendly and eager to help both at check-in and room maintenance.
There are only two downsides but visitors need to be aware of both. 1. Parking is in a public retail park outside hotel and costs £10 per day (coin only ticket machine). 2. Windows do not open in rooms (listed status) so I'm afraid its air-conditioning only which does not suit everybody.
The hotel can do nothing about the widows but should be able to sort parking better even if only providing pre paid tokens to guests to avoid the hassle of loading parking machine with £1 coins!
However, these two minor niggles aside the plus points outweigh problems and include great friendly staff, very good breakfasts, clean new rooms and an excellent location.
If only all budget hotels were like this one....well done Premier Inn KIdderminster.

Room Tip: Remember you cannot open windows so will rely on air-con!
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

On arrival after a very long day with a colleague we encounterd the rudest member of staff I have ever come across!! The booking was made through a very large 3rd party who you then made me contact myself as you didn't believe that it included dinner and breakfast as you couldn't read the fax! I stay away with work numerous times a month and only ce across this issue in premier inn it is no surprise that we don't use you!

On return home I realised I had left my white gold diamond earrings on the bedside table I called immediately to be told nothing had been handed in without even checking and that a manager would check in the morning and call me back! Despite 4 calls to you I am still waiting for my call back!

I used to opt for premier inn as you know what to expect but this has completely changed my opinion

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Lea_W_28
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Kidderminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Loved the old industrial mill used for the hotel. Exposed brickwork and large windows give it plenty of character, unlike perhaps other Premier Inns. Once we'd juggled our coins for the parking, check in was on the fourth floor up at the top, reached by efficient lifts or wide stairways with large windows and supporting metalwork.
The room was large and light and with all the usual comfort and cleanliness. Sort of missed a bath but the shower was fine. Room didn't get too hot thankfully and long curtains gave an elegant feel.
Didn't use the restaurant as there were plenty of other options nearby. Staff busy but welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SilverTop1
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Premier Inn with my wife and some friends. I have booked Premier Inns before and always been impressed with the service, if not with the 'character' of the buildings they use. However, not only did we find a warm welcome and comfortable, clean facilities, the actual building is a converted Mill and has been beautifully converted into spacious and well designed accommodation. We were greeted by an extremely helpful young man who could not do enough to help us. There is a lot said these days about the younger generation lacking social skills and customer focus, but it was certainly my experience this weekend that the young people who served us, both at Premier and at the nearby 'Love Food Italia' restaurant, could not have been more delightful and helpful.
The Premier food is well worth trying, whether you just have breakfast or stay for an evening meal. The restaurant has a really cozy atmosphere and the food and service are very good.
We will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank denhamcs
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel has its highs, mediums and lows!
Building itself is nice, the ancient brickwork and genuine aged smell is great, rooms are roomy if not a little cool as the ceilings are high and windows large (original listed features).
Staff vary from ultra helpful to over familiar and basic ignoring!
Kitchen restuarant on top floor is among the nicer locations to eat in UK Premier Inns.Breakfast is pretty good, poached eggs cooked to order amongst the best I've tried, and takeaway costa coffee a bonus on early starts.
Evening menu not quite such a hit, standard fare fresh cooked, but not the best. Could do with a little more variety, but with Frankie and Bennys yards away, Pizza Hutt and McD's and Paradise Balti 100 yards away as well as Kidderminster town centre, you shouldn't go hungry.
Epic Fail however on car parking. Free between 1830 and 0800 with rollover on overpayment. However you cannot park more than 23 hours in one 24 period, fines are excessively high and Wyre Forest District Concil do not care. Premier Inn brings in valuable business to an otherwise forgettable market town, yet WFDC refuse to offer concessions for hotel guests or easier ways to pay, despite many protestations from PI and guests (believe me I have tried!). Hang your head in shame Wyre Forest DC, this is not helping your town!!!

Room Tip: dont forget a pocketful of change for the parking meter
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank andi r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kidderminster
Travelodge Kidderminster
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport-on-Severn
The Granary Hotel and Restaurant
Hogarths Stone Manor

Been to Premier Inn Kidderminster Hotel? Share your experiences!