“Great Pub with 5 Star Homemade grub, the best for years....”
Review of Hare and Hounds

Hare and Hounds
Ranked #35 of 134 Restaurants in Kidderminster
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: Barbecue, British, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fully refurbished country pub with extensive food menu and specials board. Large restaurant and conservatory, separate bar area, large car park and beer garden.
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I've been looking for a pub like this for ages and now I have finally found one. Great food, Great Value, Great Manager, Friendly staff.

Went here for Sunday Lunch today. Portion sizes are huge and the Roast Beef was amazing puddings are good to, we had an awesome Chocolate Fudge Cake with Custard to finish what more would you want. The daily menu looks good too!!! Highly recommended will be going again and again and again......... :)

1  Thank Richard A

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Sunday lunch absolutely great not tasted beef this good for many years very genrous portions friendly helpful staff welcoming manger a pleasure too visit drove from birmingham just too get my sunday lunch a great overall experience

1  Thank Julie b
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner had an evening meal here on a Saturday night, and had a lovely conversation and chit chat with the barmaid. We were very impressed with the customer focus and waited for our meals to arrive. I did find a problem with the gammon being too tough on my meal, but after speaking with the landlord he apologised profusely and asked me and my partner if we would both like a free sweet after our meals. The sweets were fantastic, and then when we proceeded to pay the tab, he didn't charge us for my meal either. He explained he had a different supplier for the gammon that day, and we were pleased he took our comment seriously. Overall they were great at making conversation, they understood our complaint and made us feel very welcome. We will definitely go to this pub again and we would recommend it to our friends and family.

2  Thank Rachel F
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We pass this place every week and have never been. Pleased we stopped off with friends. A real ale pub, with local brew, so great to support as we live close by. The owner was very friendly and they had a Mr & Mrs quiz on which we sadly could not stop for. We ordered food and where told it would take a while as it would be cooked fresh. We did not mind the wait as it's good to have fresh cooked food, something you don't always get these day. It gave us time to enjoy the real ale on offer which was brilliant. We all had a different meal and it was all well cooked, the chips could have been a bit crispier for me but they tasted great, just my preference. I ordered the double egg and chips and asked if I could add some bacon, this was not a problem. My husband had fish and chips, a good test for any pub, and it looked lovely, and he said that this fish was well cooked in a lovely light batter. Our friends had, the gammon, perfect, and one of their pies. The pie was a pasty pie and was spot on. As we left the owner and locals said goodbye, so friendly, we will be back very soon. Great to find a pub that is friendly these days, where you felt welcomed.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were on the way to Stourport and stopped for a meal at around 7.30pm. We were greeted warmly by the barmaid and then the owner, who we had quite a chat with. The pint of beer (Gold) and cider (Stowford Press) we had were ice cold and cost £2.50 and £2.90 respectively. We ordered two beef lasagnes with salad and chips and, as expected, they took about 35 minutes as everything was cooked from scratch. It was a lovely evening and we didn't mind the wait at all. When the food came it was piping hot with a lovely mixed salad and 'real' chips. The meals were £12.50 for the two. It was tasty and the portion was HUGE. If I had one niggle it was that the lasagne was a little runny and so it had boiled over the dish and looked a little messy. That aside, we were well impressed and have a booked a table to return with friends later this week.

1  Thank HolidayPat