“Just great pub food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Station Inn

The Station Inn
Ranked #2 of 121 Restaurants in Kidderminster
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Buckinghamshire
“Just great pub food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We called in to this place for a pub lunch, having seen previous reviews on Trip Advisor, whilst visiting the Severn Valley railway.

The pub will never win a Michelin Star, but what it does, is what it needs to be, a very good pub in a local neighbourhood, (If more pubs followed their example we would not be facing pub closures on a daily basis) the pub itself is clean and tidy, perhaps slightly rustic, but;

Staff were friendly, beer well kept and the food was very good value for money. Would definitely return if I was in the area

• Visited April 2014

Stourport, null, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My girlfriend and I recently visited The Station Inn based on all of the glowing reviews we've been reading on this website and I'm so glad we did!

We visited for Sunday lunch without booking and were very quickly accommodated with a table in the corner of the pub with a lovely view of the place. The pub itself is naturally well lit and kept in a clean condition along with attentive and welcoming staff.

Onto the food! Excellent all round, and with a 3 course set menu priced at £15 it is great value. From the delicious Pork Belly with perfectly crisp crackling to the well cooked and seasoned roast beef along with plenty of fresh locally sourced vegetables, you really can not go wrong. Everything tasted fantastic and after there are a fair few delicious deserts to tempt the taste buds including chocolate, baileys and banana bread and butter pudding that is simply to die for!

Long story short, we were extremely impressed and will be visiting again soon!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Luke J
Shrewsbury
“Superb food & friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

On a family day out we visited Kidderminster via the Severn Vally Railway from Bridgnorth. My husband read about this place on Trip Advisor so we decided to try it. We were greeted with friendly staff which gave us a good feel to the place, got served quickly & found a seat easily. There was a good choice of food on the menu so it didn't take long to choose. I ordered the station burger, husband had 5oz steak, children had chicken nuggets & scampi. There was a short wait before the food was served and all of it looked fresh not microwave food. My burger was cooked just right with loads of flavour, husband said his steak was perfect & hadn't had a steak like that in a while, I managed to try a chicken nugget which was lovely but the scampi was eaten very quickly I didn't have chance to pinch a piece (and for my daughter that's something). The portion sizes were just right, table sauces were given out freely & the pub is bigger than first impressions so worth a wander round. The landlady made our daughters day (as it was a birthday day out), she gave our kids a small tub of ice cream which was very kind & those too soon disappeared. I would really recommend this place great food for reasonable prices, good atmosphere, great ales & friendly staff. We all thoroughly enjoyed our lunch out, I think we would happily do that trip again just to eat there again.

1 Thank Leelob
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Local gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a tiny pub with a great atmosphere. I can't believe I've never been here before, will definitely go again. The pub serves food until 6pm Mon-Sat and lunch on Sunday (I believe just over lunchtime). We went for a late lunch, my other half was absolutely famished by the time we got there, and the food did not disappoint. It's all home cooked, we opted for burger and chips, mine was a 3 bean burger at £4.95 and my partner's was a Station Burger at £8.95 which you had to eat with a knife and fork as it included double burgers, fried egg, bacon, tomato and an onion ring I believe! Delicious chips and an attractive and tasty side salad. A chilli sauce was found for my partner's taste. On draft was a scrumptious Enville ale which just pipped Butty Bach as the choice for today. Great atmosphere both inside and out, it's the sort of place where local people frequent and new faces are made welcome. Family friendly too. Hard to tear ourselves away, we'll be back.

• Visited July 2014
Watford, United Kingdom
“A great pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great pub lunch, - a good curry with rice, locally-sourced faggots with proper mashed potatoes and an excellent pint of bitter. Attentive staff and a friendly atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014