“Wonderful day out. Scenery spectacular.... Highly recommend”

Severn Valley railway
Ranked #13 of 125 Restaurants in Kidderminster
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Wonderful day out. Scenery spectacular.... Highly recommend”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I've been coming to the Severn Valley Railway for forty years and every time I come I feel happy. For my dads 75th birthday we booked afternoon tea for 7 of us. We weren't disappointed. The food was fresh and delicious and we enjoyed tea and wine too. The staff were attentive and were quick to top up empty cups or glasses and very friendly to my children, making them feel at ease.
If you're coming for a ride on the train or a meal it's all worth it. Beautiful surroundings and be sure to stop off at all of the stations and have a look around. Each one has something different to offer and if you have younger children the Santa specials are brilliant. I've been bringing my children to see Santa for 13 years but I fear last year was possibly for the last time as my youngest is ten now.

• Visited April 2014

Bampton, United Kingdom
“A great day out”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Lovely scenery, great trains and, for me, the best UK preserved railway. The engine room display is also worth a visit. Shame we are not allowed around the Bridgnorth sheds like in earlier days

Visited June 2014
Brierley Hill, England
“Santa Visit 2013”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We took our little boy to see santa and had an amazing day. The whole event was very well organise and the stations we're decorated beautiful.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank kellib_uk
blisterman
“Wonderful nostalgia”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Superb day out.
What could be better than a pint of local ale as one steams past the West Midland Safari Park.
Great enthusiasm from all the staff on and off the train.
Wonderful scenery.
A must see !

Visited March 2014
1 Thank blisterman
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A perfect day out”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had booked for the Sunday lunch train to celebrate my moms 70th birthday, I think it cost around £50 per person for lunch and the train ticket.
We arrived early which was good as the station was empty apart from all the staff dressed up in old uniforms, The train dining carriages were lovely and the tables really dressed nicely.
The food was really tasty and hot, and served onto your warm plate by a waiter. The food could not be faulted good size servings and great quality
Everything was just perfect.
It was an hour ride to Bridnorth station, while taking in the scenery and eating our starters and main course. We had 45 mins at the station to relax before boarding again to return to Kiddiminster station while being served our desserts and coffee.
well what a day... 10 out of 10