“Mother's Day trip”

Dining options: Reservations
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Mother's Day trip”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We decided to all go on here for Mother's Day with the three grand daughters they loved it just like their grandma I'm obsessed with trains lol loved the journey and the conductress were very friendly very good day was had by all

Visited March 2014

marlborough
“Birthday Treat”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

On the 23rd of June, three of us ventured to the above railway. It's almost an annual pilgrimage. We caught a train from Kidderminster to Highley, that is where a problem started. We were hauled by a diesel, the windows of the carriage were open, this abortion of an engine filled the carriage with blue smoke and fumes, so much for H & S. We had lunch at Highley which was most pleasant, then took a steamer to Bridgnorth, that was more like it. On the way back to Kidderminster, we had that abortion again and it produced the filthy smoke and fumes once again. I spoke to someone on the railway who knew only too well what the engine was like but couldn't do much about it. The railway needs to do something about this engine, I suggest a scrapyard. My advice would be to anyone going on the railway is to give this diesel a wide berth and wait for a real engine, a steamer.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank bd23-53
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Wonderful day out. Scenery spectacular.... Highly recommend”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I've been coming to the Severn Valley Railway for forty years and every time I come I feel happy. For my dads 75th birthday we booked afternoon tea for 7 of us. We weren't disappointed. The food was fresh and delicious and we enjoyed tea and wine too. The staff were attentive and were quick to top up empty cups or glasses and very friendly to my children, making them feel at ease.
If you're coming for a ride on the train or a meal it's all worth it. Beautiful surroundings and be sure to stop off at all of the stations and have a look around. Each one has something different to offer and if you have younger children the Santa specials are brilliant. I've been bringing my children to see Santa for 13 years but I fear last year was possibly for the last time as my youngest is ten now.

• Visited April 2014
Bampton, United Kingdom
“A great day out”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Lovely scenery, great trains and, for me, the best UK preserved railway. The engine room display is also worth a visit. Shame we are not allowed around the Bridgnorth sheds like in earlier days

Visited June 2014
Brierley Hill, England
“Santa Visit 2013”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We took our little boy to see santa and had an amazing day. The whole event was very well organise and the stations we're decorated beautiful.

• Visited December 2013