“Nostalgic”

Severn Valley railway
Ranked #11 of 122 Restaurants in Kidderminster
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Nostalgic”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Steam locomotives and pre war atmosphere are the first impressions here , somebody has worked very hard to restore the trains , carriages and station here , they ware holding a wartime reenactment theme on this visit , even had a WW2 spitfire fly over.... Simply brilliant.
The pub is the old waiting room and is called "the king an castle" , good real ale choice in a olde worlde atmosphere , food is good but nothing fancy , which suits the theme.

Visited April 2014

Kinver, United Kingdom
“Ghost train”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

almost 20 of us went on the ghost train as a birthday treat, it was great, the atmosphere was fab, I would recommend it :-)

Visited October 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Love love love this place”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Really cannot express how wonderful this is from end to end there are things to see and do at each stop. Fabulous food at the buffets and a fabulous pub at Bridgnorth (a less good one at Kidderminster though!). Have fine dined on a lunch and evening service and cannot fault it. The summer DMU fish and chip special is also worth doing. Can't say more than that! Love it!

Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Great day out with great scenery”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Bought an advance ticket at a bargain price. But we could still spend the whole day on the railway stopping at various stations to explore the surroundings.

Visited May 2014
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“A real treat for Father's Day”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I decided to give my dad a treat for Father's Day & took him & my mom for a meal on the Severn Valley Railway. I was a little apprehensive as I'd never been on the railway before, despite living pretty close all my life, but the Sunday Lunch option had been recommended by other family members so we decided to give it a go. It was also my dad's 80th birthday so it was quite important that everything went well. I needn't have worried. From the moment we arrived we were looked after like royalty. Despite most of the staff being volunteers the standard of customer service throughout our trip was excellent. Despite a limited menu the food was delicious, particularly when you consider that much of it must have been prepared before we set off. The train was pretty full but it never felt too busy and there were plenty of staff on board to ensure that we were well looked after throughout the trip.
The return trip took about 3 hours in total & we stopped along the way to enjoy the views & eat our meals.
All in all an excellent adventure that I felt was good value for money & I would definitely recommend, especially as they serve Batham's on the train :)

• Visited June 2014