“Quiet and good meal ”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Kidderminster
Worcester
“Quiet and good meal ”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I feel I must preface this review with the fact that we went to this hotel restaurant because I had a Gourmet Society card which gave us 50% off.

That being said, we were treated wonderfully and had the choice of the whole room which is mainly frequented by businessmen. So it could and should be busier.

We both had the steak which was cooked perfectly.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

me and my family was invited to the midlands safari park as their staff comes to blackpool every year for their break with us.

They told us this would be the best hotel and nearer to the park ...so I booked it for 2 nights bed and breakfast for me and my husband and two 18+ sons .

This hotel is very clean and friendly staff and is good value for money
( apart from the bar staff ) when you found one .......!!
also my husband and my sons left their pint of larger as it was cloudy and taste of chemicals ..we did mention it and the response was.... they get changed every 11 days !
nothing was done about it and also when my husband asked for a glass of coke at night ..the young lad pulled a face and was not pleased he had to get-up from his seat and friends .....

so my husband told him DONT bother yourselves if its too much trouble and walked out ..( this was late at night )

we had 35 friends who were meeting us in the bar at 7.30pm on the Tuesday night but instead of staying all night as planned ....we left and went to another pub because of this issue ...on check -out I also mention it to the lovely lady on reception about this problem
she did at least apologized and would pass it on ....and also told me the pipes got cleaned every week ?
any way the rest of our stay was ok and the breakfast was good and the staff who helped you were friendly and looked after us
on a positive note I did like the part where I could book some me -time with the beautician
A ( back massage ) heaven !!

Room Tip: no lift but there is a chair lift and our rooms was 17 19 and I think 21 very quiet and clean
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel is very good value for money. Our room was bright and very clean, and the staff were all very pleasant. Friday night is curry night, great buffet, but the menu is open so you don't have to eat curry if you don't want. The breakfast buffet was adequate although nothing special. Our only problem was that we parked under the tree in front and in the morning our car was covered in pigeon guano - and I mean covered.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RFW1943
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Me & my Husband recently had our wedding reception here in the Bewdley suite. Everything was set out how we had asked & looked amazing! Our co-ordinater Jill was attentive, efficient & easy to get on with making everything easier for us! The four poster bed room we stayed in was beautifully decorated & clean. All in all s great experience!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa P
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights while attending a friends wedding. Lady on reception was lovely. Rooms lovely and roomy, comfortable and clean. Lovely Buffett breakfast, if you get down early. Friday morning breakfast was 7-9, we got down for 7.15 and had a lovely leisurely breakfast but Saturday morning breakfast was 8-10 and we got down for 9.30. We were obviously the last room and as we were getting our breakfast the staff were behind us wiping down and combining all the cooked food onto one plate so they could get the serving dishes cleared away and if we wanted any more then it would have been cold. Husband had finished his breakfast and while I was still eating they were clearing our table before I had finished. Felt very rushed and in the way of them getting home

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cara S
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Hotel was easy to find, and presented well. Good staff, friendly and helpful.

Had a nice evening meal, and I think they kept the restaurant open for me a few minutes longer than they should have done due to later than anticipated arrival. Pan Pipe Moods playing in the background started to get a bit annoying, but probably only really noticeable because I was the only diner in the restaurant at that time - with company or background noise it would probably be ok.

Room was clean, bed was great (had a great night's sleep!), parts of the bathroom were starting to look a little tired, but it was all clean and functional.

Pre-booked breakfast was fair for the price, but I would have preferred to pay a little more for some higher quality (local butcher / farm shop) sausages and bacon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
West Bromwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I can highly recommend this Hotel. we stopped on the top floor, with a beautiful view of Kidderminster and countryside. Room was spacious and clean, with lovely bathroom. Air con was great and included in cost. Dont leave without trying the all you can eat buffet breakfast. Our thanks to the staff for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kidderminster
Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel
Hogarths Stone Manor
George Hotel
George Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bewdley

Been to Gainsborough House Hotel? Share your experiences!