“All that you'd expect - and more”
Review of Captain Cod

Captain Cod
Ranked #52 of 123 Restaurants in Kidderminster
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“All that you'd expect - and more”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is my "go-back-to" Fish & Chip place.
High quality food - to eat-in or take away - high standards of hygiene - friendly staff. What else can you ask ?
I cannot understand what I have read in google reviews. I have been going there for years and have never been disappointed. What planet do some people live on ?
You should judge a place by what is purports to be .. and this is a traditional Fish & Chip shop serving a quality product.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank operabuff_11

Worcestershire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic cod”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have used this chip shop a few times and always been impressed by the food. I usually like to have cod and chips, and I find that they have the whitest and flakiest cod I have ever seen with the exception of "Granny's in Bugibba, Malta". The portion size is excellent for the fish, a little less than normal for the chips and the price is about average.

Some chip shops give you a white fish that is not cod if you don't specify, but here it is always great cod.

Normally I go there on a Friday evening, it is always busy so I guess the food turnover is fast at that time, which means that the chips are freshly cooked too.

I did once buy a Doner Kebab with salad and chilli sauce, which I found a little dry; perhaps a little more sauce would have been better.

Overall, I find this the best chippy in Kidderminster.

• Visited November 2013