“The Legendary Capt Cod”
Review of Captain Cod

Captain Cod
Ranked #56 of 133 Restaurants in Kidderminster
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

So it's near a railway station that is often a locational detractor when one thinks quality. Actually there are many fine establishments offering good food, drink in safe environments as the railway is a doorway to the Severn Valley Railway

Now Captain Cod is legendary nationwide because of non league football fans spreading the word.

The fish is excellent chips to match, other offerings include usual British fayre sausage, chicken breast et al and kebab as a variant. All equally good.

Good value as well
Come one come all
Up the Harriers

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is my "go-back-to" Fish & Chip place.
High quality food - to eat-in or take away - high standards of hygiene - friendly staff. What else can you ask ?
I cannot understand what I have read in google reviews. I have been going there for years and have never been disappointed. What planet do some people live on ?
You should judge a place by what is purports to be .. and this is a traditional Fish & Chip shop serving a quality product.

1  Thank operabuff_11
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have used this chip shop a few times and always been impressed by the food. I usually like to have cod and chips, and I find that they have the whitest and flakiest cod I have ever seen with the exception of "Granny's in Bugibba, Malta". The portion size is excellent for the fish, a little less than normal for the chips and the price is about average.

Some chip shops give you a white fish that is not cod if you don't specify, but here it is always great cod.

Normally I go there on a Friday evening, it is always busy so I guess the food turnover is fast at that time, which means that the chips are freshly cooked too.

I did once buy a Doner Kebab with salad and chilli sauce, which I found a little dry; perhaps a little more sauce would have been better.

Overall, I find this the best chippy in Kidderminster.