“Great Hotel”

The Granary Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kidderminster
Reviewed 28 May 2011

We stayed here overnight in preparation for a train journey the following day. This is a very good hotel that is very comfortable and well looked after. The room was very clean and well decorated. It is set in the countryside on the edge of Kidderminster and has beuatiful views.

We were sorry that we had eaten before arrival couldn't take advantage of the on site restaurant.

The only negative point was that there seemed to be confusion over the size of our party and the rate we had been quoted. However they honoured our booking. We will definitely come here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JeffParry
There are newer reviews for The Granary Hotel and Restaurant

Reviewed 9 April 2011

I stay at this hotel between 2 and 5 nights a month on average. Until recentley I would say the one pointI of critisism would have been the rather lack lustre rooms. The rooms were basic and comfortable.They have recentley painted the rooms and upgraded them they are much better now. There are flat screen telivisions and lighting appears better.

My main moan would still be bathrooms, the showers are not good at all, towells rather thin and a bit worn and the toiletries pretty rubbish; which is a shame it lets the over all feel down rather. I travel a lot so have all my own gear but many overnight travellers don't bring toiletries with them and those provided here are not good at all.

The food is great and its worth a stay to sample the menu which is really good value.

Staff are very helpful and friendly and this is by far the best feature of this hotel. I had the opportunity to move hotels recentley my company had secured a 'deal' with two other hotels which arguably have better facilities. I wouldn't want to stop staying at the Granary beacuse staff are so helpful and friendly.

My only real complaint (other than showers) is the poor room service menu, given the extensive menu available room service menu is rather poor by comparison with other hotels.

Room Tip: Eat in (not room service though), bring toiletries
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We stopped at the Granary for dinner. The atmosphere in the restaurant is very lifeless. However, the food is excellent and so reasonable. There were two members of the party that had coeliac and one member had a nut allergy but nothing was to much trouble for these excellent chefs! It is one of the best restaurants in the area!
It is a little gem!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We stayed 2 nghts starting beginning on the eve of my wifes brothers wedding, we booked in late 10pm on the Friday evening to a friendly welcome - booked into our room, which was tired, certainly not up to modern travelodge standards. Then the shower room, my wife gagged as she saw the mass of human hair in the shower drain, I tried to lift some out but was nearly sick, and the rest of the room was not really well cleaned (e.g. towel rail had harldly been wiped - half dusty half wiped).

The staff did sort it the next day but hardly the most pleasant atmosphere to prepare for a wedding. Breakfast I must say was very good , with good food and friendly service.

On checking the bill as we checked out I noted we had not been charged for the first night - appropriate I thought, and the right decision especially due to the income taken from the wedding reception and other guests. I therefore felt no need to make comment on my disappointment at the state of the room as I did not want to embarass the bride or her father checking out at the same time.

Then to my suprise I had a call to say they had made a mistake and were charging me. I called to challenge and complain, to worsen matters rather than an apology I was made to feel the bad guy by Marie who said it was 'unfortunate' I had not told them about their mistake in not charging for the room. She then went on to tell me that the room was cleaned wasn't it, I always thought a clean room was the least one would expect on arrival (I was even given the excuse that they may have not had time as I had checked in early - even though I arrived at 10.00pm), again no responsibility of fault on the Granary's part.

I was promised a call from the owner Richard on his return from holiday to resolve the issue but unfortunatley none was forthcoming. I'll leave you to judge, my advice happily pop in for breakfast but avoid the stay (Travelodge is cheaper and substantially cleaner).

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brindric
Reviewed 15 May 2010

just spent two nights at the granary and we had a most enjoyable visit,the rooms are comfortable and clean and quite spacious,the location is ideal for seeing more of worcs,but the best selling points of this place has to be the quality of the food and the fantastic service of the staff,we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2010

The design of the hotel is average, like a slightly upmarket travelodge. The meeting room facilities were quite poor with tired decor. The service from staff was excellent as was the dining in the restaurant (breakfast, lunch & dinner). The cleanliness of the linen in the rooms was dubious, the duvet cover definately needed a wash.

1  Thank Honestjoe81
Reviewed 15 September 2009

The Granary was the venue - at short notice - for our wedding. Every member of staff bent over backwards to make our day perfect in every way possible. Nothing was too much trouble. The service throughout the 3 days of our stay was outstanding and the help, support, guidence prior to our special day was totally first rate. The wedding co-ordinator immediately put us at our ease and was a breath of fresh air with her knowledgable, efficient and very professional manner and extremely helpful. The staff took all the stress and pressure of us allowing us to just enjoy our special day. All staff were very friendly helpful and efficient in every way. Every meal we had there was fantastic and most enjoyable. They even went out of their way to cater for the kids without prior notice. The rooms were spotless, service excellent, views superb - infact, I really can not fault anything or any one at The Granary and all our guests agreed.
Perfection - a small friendly community that oozes the personal touch!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kidderminster
Gainsborough House Hotel
#1 of 5 in Kidderminster
Brockencote Hall Hotel
Brockencote Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chaddesley Corbett

Been to The Granary Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!