We booked and stayed here for a night just before a mates wedding which we traveled to the midlands for. We were a bit skeptical really.
But on arrival the check in was great, shown to our room. The room had a nice double bed, modern bathroom, TV, kettle & biscuits and great views out over their on site vegetable garden and beyond to the beautiful rolling countryside.
We booked for dinner in the restaurant, the food was very good - verging on great but just missed the mark for us as it was over priced. But for a romantic night in a decent hotel we were happy to part with the cash. The fish menu was extensive and apparently the chef visits the fish market daily to get supplies. Wine was good but again slightly over priced.
The breakfast was great, more than great, a proper full English breakfast with all you could ask for. The service for breakfast was a wee bit long, but this was due to it being a Saturday morning and they had a wedding so i think the staff were more focused on that rather than breakfast.
Checkout was quick and easy - although a bit hard on the wallet, but that's because we treated ourselves.
The location is a little bit out of the way - but this made its perfectly peaceful.
Overall we had a great night here, almost well worth the money. I just think that for the prices charged a little more attention to detail would be required. I am not complaining at all just being constructive!! (I hope).
Thanks to all the staff who made our stay as enjoyable!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Granary Hotel is a modern and privately owned with 16 refurbished en suite bedrooms, a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant, a luxurious new Restaurant Bar and Function suites for Weddings and Conferences for up to 200 guests. All bedrooms have Flat Screen TV with Freeview, complimentary Wifi , Tea and Coffee making facilities and modern bathrooms with bath and overhead shower. There is plenty of Free parking with good access as the property is mainly on ground floor level.The property is in a rural location near to the Motorway system and is a perfect base for touring the beautiful Worcestershire countryside and the rich industrial heritage of the West Midlands including the Black Country Living Museum, the Severn Valley Railway and the Ironbridge Gorge Museum. Worcester cathedral and the glorious Malvern Hills are nearby.The well established Restaurant serves a very popular Carvery menu at lunchtime whilst in the evening an A la Carte and Set Dinner menu is available with a particular emphasis on Fresh Fish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Granary Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granary Hotel Kidderminster
- The Granary Hotel And Restaurant Kidderminster, Worcestershire