“Warm Welcome”

Bewdley Hill House
UK
“Warm Welcome”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed at Bewdley Hill House for one night over Easter and found it to be a lovely place to stay. It was reasonably easy to find, and well situated for all local attractions. There is ample parking and my room was spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean. I was made to feel most welcome and my hosts were keen to ensure I enjoyed my stay. Breakfast was fresh and tasty. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I went here for the weekend to relax and had a thoroughly enjoyable time with a very friendly couple. The room was spacious and clean with easy to access wifi and all the facilities you would expect in a B&B. The breakfast was well cooked and neither too much (I am weak willed) nor too little. I shall certainly return next time I am in the arae.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the top floor unless young and fit!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Well firstly lets start with the location. It was very easy to find and away from the town center enough for the noise levels to be low but not to far that its only a short drive to grab essentials etc. The BnB is surrounded by attractions which makes it very continent we stayed because we were going to to the Safari Park and it was just down the road! The hosts were very warming we only really spoke to the guy but he was very nice and has a sense of humor :) We had the attic rooms and they were very welcoming and well laid out. We had everything we needed and the room was nice and warm.

Now as with every review there are always negatives... The stairs are very narrow and you can easily fall if your not careful ( As my partner found out ) But it is a very old building so it can kind of be expected. The Beds!!! My biggest problem lol Imagine getting a paper thin squeaky mattress and placing it on a rock... And then layering it with crisp packets before putting a sheet over the top... You will then be sleeping in a hard squeaky bed that rustles which sums these beds up lol That is my only real big problem with the BnB and i really hope they read this and get some new beds! :) And lastly the value for money... All in all it was a very nice stay but we no that we could find somewhere cheaper with lots for facilities and beds that were not from the flint stones bedroom. Would i recommend Bewdley Hill House... Yes! ( If your not fussy about what you sleep on )

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ben W
Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Town centre B&B's can be very stark & uninviting, this is certainly not the case her. The hosts are very friendly & helpful. My partner & i stayed for 2 nights in feb. We stayed in one of the attic rooms which was a good size, warm, clean & well appointed.There's plenty of off road parking. Our main reason for staying was to visited the Severn Valley Railway, its about 15-20 mins walk to the station from here so bear this in mind if your arriving by train ! The breakfast is a good quality with plenty of tea , coffee & toast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of property if possible, theres better views & no traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank paul m
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

we stayed for one night and found the guest house immaculate, the welcome we received from the owner was good. we ordered our breakfast for the following morning which was served in the lovely dining room and was plentiful and nicely presented.
definitely will return again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed one night on a hot summer weekend. Location is about 15 mins walk to the town centre. It is about 2 minutes walk from the Gainsborough Hotel, and my preference is for the B&B - by a wide margin! This was our first stay here, and we were very impressed. The owners were very friendly & helpful when we arrived. We had a room at the back, on the top floor, which was very quiet. The room was quite spacious, and although there was no aircon, a fan was all that was needed to keep the room cool on a very hot evening. The en-suite shower-room was "compact" but perfectly servicable, and immaculately clear. Breakfast was very impressive, cooked to order. We asked for some fruit & yogurt (vegetarian), and this duly appeared with no complaints about the quality & quantity. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TWinster13
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The b and b is very reasonably priced, I paid £35 for a one night stay. It would be important to check before going what room you are in.. the room was comfortable and spotlessly clean although the pillows were very hard. the only real downside for me is that I dislike being asked what I want for breakfast the following morning when I have just arrived and have barely shut the front door. Breakfast was adequate. I walked from the rail station and it took me about 35 minutes.

Room Tip: I was in a top floor room and the stairs are narrow and steep so if mobility is a problem it might b...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kidderminster
Gainsborough House Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport-on-Severn
The Granary Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Bewdley Hill House? Share your experiences!