“Fabulous”

The Southcrest Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Redditch
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I've just returned from a birthday treat away. My friend and I had a really enjoyable and relaxing stay. We went for a long walk in the woods and down to by the pond and around all the country manor grounds which was a lovely surprise as we didn't realise these where there. We had an excellent dinner and breakfast, both with good service. After dinner we enjoyed a few drinks in the conservatory which finished off the evening nicely. The room had lovely views and we was amazed how close to the town centre we was as it feels like your in a manor house in the middle of the countryside. I almost can't wait to become another year older to have the ideal excuse to come back here!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank WendyJE
The_Southcrest_Manor, General Manager at The Southcrest Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you chose to enjoy a birthday treat with us at the Southcrest Manor Hotel, and that we surpassed in ensuring your stay was an enjoyable and relaxing one. I will certainly pass on your wonderful feedback to all the members of the team.

Our beautiful grounds are certainly not to be missed as you appreciated, and I’m so glad you managed to find the pond which is nestled away within our 10 acre site!

We can't wait to see you return next year for your Birthday, and once again thank you for your wonderful and valuable feedback

There are newer reviews for The Southcrest Manor Hotel

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Whilst my initial impression of the hotel was good, once I entered my room I was sorely disappointed.
The standard room was indeed 'very standard' and quite out dated. The bed was comfy but the pillows were not.
There was dust throughout the room.
There was an empty crisp packet in one of the bed side drawers; there seemed to be a drawer missing from the dressing table.
The outer and inner of the kettle was so dirty I requested a different kettle. The one given to me was marginally better than the one in my room. (The staff have clearly never descaled a kettle)
There was a hole punched through in the wall of the wardrobe and the debris still lay on the wardrobe floor.
The seat of the dressing table chair was torn right across the seat, there were some holes in the net curtains.....
The room had no air con and one could not double lock the door from the inside.
The size of the bathroom was good althoug there was some mould/mildew.
The staff were attentive and the food in the restaurant was good.
The cleaning staff member simply tapped on the door with her key card, opened the door without announcing herself or waiting for a response to see if anyone was in the room.
However based on what I found in the room, I would not stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: If the suites are a better standard than the room I was in, it would be better to book one of them.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank L N

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us here at The Southcrest Manor Hotel.

Firstly let me apologise that you were disappointed by the room. We welcome your feedback and I’m happy to say that all of your points have since been addressed. We also have an ongoing programme of bedroom refurbishment ensuring that all bedrooms are refreshed and maintained on a regular basis so wish to assure you that any issues you may have encountered are now rectified.

I am very pleased to see that you found all of the staff attentive and the food great value, I will certainly pass on your comments.

We hope to welcome you back to The Southcrest Manor in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Booked for one night whilst going to a concert in Redditch. The price was very good and the hotel has all you need for a short stay. The food was very good, we had breakfast and dinner there, and the price was very good value. The staff are eager to please and very friendly, but a little training would perfect the service. The room was a reasonable size, with ensuite bath and shower over the bath, and was very clean and tidy. The bed was a little springy and I wouldn't want to spend too many nights. Tea and coffee were provided in the room. There are some large grounds at the rear of the hotel, but these need a little attention. The bar area was a reasonable size, but not many comfortable sofas to relax on.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank We_Love_Sun_Days

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at The Southcrest Manor Hotel and for taking the time to share your thoughts with the Trip Advisor community. I am delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you found the food at Breakfast and Dinner great value. I will certainly be passing on your great comments to our recently appointed new head chef Paul that his new menu's are well received, and of course your positive comments regarding the staff that served you throughout your stay.

I am so pleased you found your room spacious, clean and tidy, and our housekeeping team will receive this well deserved praise too.

I am delighted that that you were able to explore the vast tiered gardens and woodlands around the property, our newly appointed gardener is certainly addressing any areas that need attention and I'm positive you will fully appreciate this when you plan your return visit.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Just had a wonderful and peaceful weekend at the hotel. The hotel garden is a big selling point. The staff were attentive and the quality of breakfast and dinner was very good. Overall, exceedingly good value for money. I will most certainly return.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank MarkyP10

Dear Guest,
It is wonderful to hear that you had an exceedingly good value for money stay with us at the Southcrest Manor Hotel. I will certainly pass on all of your great comments to the staff. We will look forward to seeing you soon on your return visit

Reviewed 1 May 2013

This hotel was booked for a business trip during the week, and turned out to be so lovely I stayed the weekend with the wife! Beds were lovely and comfortable, the staff were friendly and the prices were reasonable. The spa facilities were wonderful with a great gym and 2 types of Sauna. Made a mundane business trip into a wonderful weekend experience, and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank markmrs

Dear Guest,
I am so glad to see that both of your business and pleasure needs we're met at The Southcrest Manor Hotel. We value your very positive feedback and hope to welcome you back on a business or pleasure stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Decided to use this hotel at last minute to break a journey. Got a really good bed , breakfast and dinner for 2 for a very good price. Friendly staff. Lovely food. Rooms could do with a bit of an update. Would definitely recommend and would return.

• Stayed: April 2013
The_Southcrest_Manor, General Manager at The Southcrest Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Guest, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that our team provided a high level of customer service and great food, I will ensure that your comments are passed on to them, and of course our new head chef.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Southcrest Manor soon

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at Southcrest . It s hidden away but it's a little jewel . The food was good and plentiful and the staff helpful . Would definitely stay there again. It 's good value for money too ! S. T. Morris

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank STMorriss1
The_Southcrest_Manor, General Manager at The Southcrest Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear Guest, I am very happy to see you have enjoyed your stay, and we really appreciate the great feedback. We hope to welcome you back to us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redditch
Abbey Hotel
Hogarths Stone Manor
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
#7 of 8 in Bromsgrove

Been to The Southcrest Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!