“A very pleasant experience ”

The Southcrest Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Redditch
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant experience ”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My fiancé arranged for 1 night stay for us on valentines day with a 3 course meal and breakfast. The room was small,The bathroom was beautifully decorated and the food is 100%. The hotel was clean and we want to thankyou for a nice stay :) happy!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mcgoogriff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

On Sunday 26th January at 4 p.m. my partner and I got married at The Southcrest Manor Hotel. The day was perfect, mainly due to the expertise of Michala Evans the ‘Wedding Planner’. Everything ran smoothly, the care and attention to detail right from the wedding Eve when 8 of us had a special meal right through the wedding day when she calmed my nerves and made sure everything ran smoothly and that everyone was in the right place at the right time. The rooms looked wonderful and the buffet was delicious with Michala checking with us every step of the way to make sure we were happy.

We can’t praise Michala highly enough! the woman is brilliant at her job and we have no hesitation in recommending this wedding venue.

Lesley & John Dodd

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
brackley
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We booked a last minute deal and after reading some of the reviews we were a little worried. We didn't need to be it was fantastic value for money. The hotel was very clean and the staff were all lovely and very friendly and helpful. Food was of good quality too. We had a lovely break and we will definately be returning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

VERY dated room, it was a good deal on travel zoo and the food was very good. Room 131 was very dated and a half eaten pack of crisps greeted us on the window pane. Tiles on the roof similar to that of a superdrug store and the bathroom is something I would expect in a university digs. Overall good if you have a deal but not if you are paying full whack!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
worcestershire
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Arrived at The Southcrest Manor on a miserable wet Saturday afternoon to be greeted by a bright cheery receptionist. Our room, an executive one was everything it should be, bright, clean and well decorated, there was however an iron burn on the carpet but this was in no way the fault of the hotel just some inconsiderate guests. Bathroom appeared recently renovated and again was clean and functional with complimentary toiletries. Our room was at the front of the hotel and as I like to have the window open....regardless of the weather....did find it quite noisy with taxis outside dropping guests off leaving their engines running and people talking by the main entrance....maybe having a cigarette, again no fault of the hotel, though if you are a light sleeper maybe request a room at the back. Breakfast the following morning was extremely good with all the usual available, cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit and all the items to make up a full English plus the chef will cook you poached or boiled eggs, kippers etc. The two young girls working in the restaurant that morning were a breath of fresh air and certainly kept on top of things, welcoming guests as soon as they arrived so no one was left waiting....at least not whilst we were there....bringing tea and coffee, clearing tables etc. The only thing that spoiled breakfast was the weather as we would have loved to walk in the grounds and been able to admire what would have been a gorgeous outlook but the rain was atrocious. So thank you Southcrest Manor, you did well.

• Stayed January 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed for a weekend at this hotel in January, as I was meeting family for a birthday lunch on the Sunday at the hotel. I love the hotel and wonder what it must have been like as a private residence, it is a well hidden property with beautiful lawns to the rear.
My hotel room was spacious and clean and I had a very good night's sleep due to the secluded nature of the property.
We had a family dinner for 11 people on the Sunday and food was enjoyed by all. I like this hotel due to the friendly staff and general feel of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
qmech
Reviewed 17 January 2014

When I arrived I noticed the car parks were dimly lit and ground surfaces not good for suitcase wheels. The two cars next to mine had bright yellow steering locks across the steering wheels which was very off putting.

The reception area has lovely ceramic floors but most of the decor and furniture in the hotel is tired. The whole hotel looks as if it's under a constant refurbishment programme, with nothing completely finished.

I walked to my room on the ground floor and noticed dust and litter on the newly laid carpet. My room was no different; the carpet was thick in debris. The bed appeared clean, but there were hairs on the toilet and bath.

I changed rooms to a cleaner room on the first floor. I was disappointed to see a sheet on a mattress on the bed, with no mattress protectors and I slept on top of the bedding all night.

In the morning I opened the curtains to look out at the grounds, but the glass was covered in a milky film and so the windows weren't transparent. I opened the window to dense trees and I had been expecting spectacular gardens.

There were dirty plates on the floor along the corridors when I went to my room at about 8pm, these were still there when I left in the morning, twelve hours later.

I had one beer in the bar as that's all the cash I had with me. The hotel wouldn't take less than a £25 prepayment from my debit card!!!

I was not impressed by this hotel.
I might return if they decide to refurbish it properly, but I'm not banking on it.

Room Tip: There is no lift in this hotel, so specify a ground floor room if you can't carry bags upstairs
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank qmech
The_Southcrest_Manor, General Manager at The Southcrest Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear qmech,

Thank you for your feedback following on from your stay. We are disappointed by some of the comments you have made. None the less we take feedback very seriously and have investigated all of the points made. It is worth noting that our guests secure their cars however they choose, we have absolutely no history of any car crime whatsoever on the premises.

We can only apologise for any dust found on the new carpet in your room, we are currently working tirelessly in refurbishing not only our rooms but our corridors too, and can only think that this has been walked in to your room by footwear. Thank you for making us aware of this issue. The housekeeping team have since thoroughly checked all guest rooms to ensure we continue to uphold our normally high standard of cleanliness. I am glad to see that we moved your room and you were satisfied with its cleanliness.

We have over 10 acres of protected woodland surrounding the hotel, we apologise that you were disappointed by this view. We are unsure of why you did not take the opportunity to walk around the rest of the hotel and enjoy our manicured lawns and views, but we are confident that if you did so you would have been able to appreciate our beautiful setting.

Our policy for guests wishing to add items to their bedroom account means that we do ask for a credit or debit card for all guests before allowing credit, I can only apologise if this caused any confusion.

We do hope to welcome you back to stay with us, and are confident that on your return our ongoing renovations will meet with your complete satisfaction.

Kind Regards
Chris Osborne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redditch
Abbey Hotel
#1 of 1 in Stourport-on-Severn
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
#4 of 8 in Bromsgrove

Been to The Southcrest Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!