“Home from home”

Ranked #3 of 9 Redditch B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

In Redditch recently on bussiness and stayed at Vine Cottage for nearly 2 weeks.
Jill and Dave made me feel very welcome at all times. The breakfast was great and I took the option of the evening meal ( which was much needed after a 12 hour day ). Well what can I say Jill, I have eaten in many hotels / restaurants / pubs on my travels and this was near the top of my list !!!
All food was cooked fresh and tasted great.
The room / ensuite was very comfortable and clean . A good nights sleep was had during my stay.
Had some great conversations with Dave about likewise interests. Jill made you feel as though you were an old friend staying for a break. Will be back when working in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Duivendrecht, Netherlands
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Although I would like to keep this treasure to myself, it would not be fair to the owners. They deserve to get as much visitors as possible. What a lovely place. I have stayed in Redditch for business reasons many times, but finally found my place for any next visit to this area.
Positive: Rural feel, great breakfast (freshly cooked), friendly service, great typical british atmosphere, very nice owners, decorated with an eye for detail.
Negative: hmmmm, well, I am about 6 ft 4 tall, and had to mind my head... but what do you expect from an old cottage :) .

Room Tip: I believe some rooms have ensuite, where as others don't. You may want to enquire when booking.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Fabulous B&B, beautifully decorated, comfortable rooms and excellent service. Highlights included returning to our rooms late at night to find the bedside lights on, curtains drawn and bottles of cold water by the bedside. Fantastic breakfast served by the friendly couple who kept us so well. Would recommend it to anyone, and ten times better than any hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2011

The cottage is beautiful and the hosts are friendly and helpful. On arrival, we were greeted with tea and coffee and helped ourselves to some chocolate biscuits which are provided in the rooms. Gill then enquired about taxi prices for us and called back and booked it. When we returned at night, we were happy to find bottles of water had been left in our room. The full English breakfast was absolutely delicious with thick slices of bacon and tomatoes roasted in olive oil. We would definitely recommend it and stay again if we were ever in the area. Thanks for a lovely night!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I stayed here in the second week of January. After reading the reviews and staying there myself, it is 100% spot on.
The cottage is warm and cozy, a home from home. Bed and room so comfortable, breakfast fantastic and to top it off the most friendliest owners who go out of their way to make sure everything is ok for you. If you need a place to stay, in this area dont think twice book now..

Thank you Dave and Jill.

Dan

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank dan_philo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redditch
The Southcrest Manor Hotel
#7 of 8 in Redditch
The Throckmorton
The Throckmorton
#2 of 3 in Alcester

Been to Vine Cottage B&B? Share your experiences!