“This hotel is highly recommended. excellent service and staff!”
Review of Blue Inn Redditch

Blue Inn Redditch
Ranked #1 of 9 Redditch B&B and Inns
bolton
“This hotel is highly recommended. excellent service and staff!”
Reviewed 5 December 2009

Having just spent a night at this hotel, I would strongly recommend staying here to anyone. The rooms, although quite small, are excellent, nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. The staff were very polite and helpful, couldn't do enough for myself and my sister. we were only there for one night to visit family in the area and most definately will book here for every visit in the future. This hotel is worth every penny of forty seven pounds per night, however we only paid one pound on a deal! Breakfast was excellent and not overpriced, service excellent too. Would recommend to all family and friends. Never heard any noise from the road. good nights sleep, what more can I say?

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank greendales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Manchester, UK
Reviewed 15 October 2008

I've stayed in this hotel on about 4 separate occassions and have always found it nice enough, but especially good if you can get a good rate of around £40.

This hotel is never going to win any awards for the quality or size of the rooms, and I wouldn't want to spend more than a few days here, but then it isn't really geared to a tourist audience. The majority of the people I've seen here seem to be passing through or on business.

The hotel is really a motel with car parking directly outside the rooms. The rooms themselves are pretty dated but always clean and tidy, with a small TV and heater, along with the usual tea/coffee facilities.

As other reviewers have noted there only ever seem to be 2 plug sockets, and one of those is for the TV, but that is only a minor annoyance. The hotel site is close to a T-mobile Wi-fi hotspot as well for internet access.

It isn't the quietest of places as it is right next to a main road so the traffic is normally quite noticeable, as are people parking and walking past your room if you are on the lower floor.

The food in the bar/restaurant is OK, decent pub grub really, but is usually filled with men sitting on their own, so the atmosphere isn't exactly buzzing.

The staff are always very nice and helpful and the only problem I've ever had here was a broken heater in my room.

So overall a good budget hotel for a night or two if you're on business, but not the type of place I'd recommend for a holiday.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The noise
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
London, UK
Reviewed 20 April 2008

Booked for 2 nights for a business trip - £35 per night seemed an excellent price.
Room is clean and bed very comfortable, but the chalet style makes it a bit noisy and suffers from a lack of privacy as everyone walks past your desk window to get to their rooms. Like another reviewer, the lack of mains sockets is a real pain. There is one, but that is used for the telly so you can't charge mobiles / laptops whilst using the TV.
The restaurant bar was very poor, with overpriced food that was bland and dry. Didn't try the breakfast, but I gather that Campanile's offer a good selection.
In summary, if you want a cheap comfortable room then this is great value. If you're looking for a weekend break or similar then I think you might be a bit disappointed at the support facilities or the view of the dual carriageway. Staff are, however, extremely helpful and friendly. Oh, and bring a 4-way mains block!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
Northumberland
Reviewed 1 November 2006

Stayed here multiple times over the years whilst working away on business. Chalet style rooms that open onto walkways with separate reception in restaurant building 100yds away. The rooms are clean, with roller down blinds over windows to block all light. The restaurant is pretty good although the definition of an English Breakfast is a bit skimpy. Contrary to another review here, there is a plug socket, it's behind a curtain although it took me 2 years to find it, mainly because I didn;t see it at first and assumed like other reveiwer there wasn;t one, and two years later I thought I would look again. Staff are friendly, car park seems safe, I've never seen an incident, fellow guests seem quiet types. Never had a problem, will always stay again.

Downsides:
1. Road noise from Non-Smoking rooms which face the dual-carriageway can be sleep interrupting as it's not a busy road so not a constant hum, but individual lorries.
2. Smoking in the Restaurant. Something I dislike, and here its almost impossible to escape especially since all the staff who are mostly French, smoke. Hasn't stopped me eating in there though, but if I was asthmatic there would be no chance.
3. Water pressure in some rooms is very poor.
4. Rooms in summer can be very warm at night. No aircon.

• Stayed September 2006
Hull, East Yorshire
Reviewed 4 October 2006

I stayed at the Campanile for 2 nights with my sister as part of a coach holiday. We shared a twin room. The decor wasn't the best but we were pleased the room was both clean and tidy. It wasn't a huge room but we had enough space. The room had a TV, hairdryer and kettle.
The bathroom was a good size and had a bath and a shower.
The total lack of plug sockets in the room meant I had to have slightly curly hair during my stay even though I had taken my straighteners! I think it is the first time I have come across a hotel room with no plug sockets.
We ate in the restaurant on the first night. The food was very nice and fairly reasonably priced. We also had a good breakfast on both days. The staff were nice and friendly to us.
The only thing that would put me off staying there again was the fact we seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. We weren't able to do anything on the night as nothing was close by. We would have had to get taxi's both ways.

• Liked — The room was clean and tidy
  • Disliked — The location
  • Tips/Secrets — Take a good book for the night time.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redditch
The Southcrest Manor Hotel
#5 of 8 in Redditch
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
#4 of 8 in Bromsgrove

Been to Blue Inn Redditch? Share your experiences!