“Very enjoyable Wedding Anniversary meal”

The Forest at Feckenham
Ranked #3 of 134 Restaurants in Redditch
Price range: US$7 - US$32
Cuisines: French, British, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our Wedding Anniversary with an evening meal and were not disappointed. Presentation was excellent and the flavours in the meal spot on for us. The beers and wine list seemed to offer something for anyone including a few local ales.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have visited The Forest a lot of times in the evening and it has always been wonderful but unfortunately the lunch time Summer Special Menu was a disappointment. The mackeral starter looked very appetising but only 3 strips of very tiny pieces of mackeral We took some friends and only found out AFTERWARDS from our friends that one of the 150 g Aubrey Allen rump steaks was full of gristle as well as being tough. The Vegetable risotto was delicious. Other steaks were fine. I am sure this is a hiccup but certainly not representative of the usual high standards of The Forest.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Visited on an early Saturday evening with my wife and daughter. Between us we had the twice-baked Fontal cheese soufflé, the crispy white bait, the hake, the monkfish tail and the cod and crayfish fish cakes. Overall the food was great, however at £20.50 I thought the monk fish was somewhat pricey for what was served. Service was good and the restaurant has a nice ambience to it. With each of us having a starter and main course and a couple of drinks our bill was £110. Not cheap. Also the floor was sticky in the women’s toilets.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Food was of a good quality, a small menu but with enough choice. Staff were good as we were not hurried to our table despite the booking time.
One observation I suggest they look into stocking non alcoholic short drinks. I do not drink alcohol and there is only so much tonic or water a person wants to drink,if you are avoiding sugary drinks. Though this would not stop me from booking again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We ate in the bar as it has more atmosphere. The menu was good Pub food with nothing too fancy. The staff and service was excellent. Food was good and not too expensive. The steak I had was excellent although I would have liked a bit more salad.
Overall we thought to meal was good value for money