“Noisy at the front”

Premier Inn Redditch West (A448) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Redditch
Reviewed 22 August 2013

2 nights with family..staff very friendly, apart from the middle aged lady who served breakfast, very grumpy! If you want to get to sleep before 12.30am, don`t book the rooms at the front of the hotel. These rooms sit above the resturant/bar and when guest leave they are not very quiet...even though been told by staff to be quiet, not everybody is considerate, on top of that all your hear is banging of doors.The first night was ok, but second awful. The pub itself serves pub food, don`t expect anything to fancy! good prices and something for all.....2 nights of this food was enough. The hotel refunded one night, which was fine, but I would of rather had a good night sleep. We suspect the Italian manager in the resturant kept things in check the first day and night, very good. However he was not on duty the second day/night, hence noise and poor breakfast staff!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andrew A

Reviewed 16 August 2013

This hotel is excellent and the nicest of all the Premier Inn's that I have stayed in. Staff very friendly and gave 2 of our young children a welcome pack when we arrived about 11 pm. Way above expectations compared to previous Premier Inn's I have stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mrhappy213
Reviewed 6 August 2013

my wonderful hubby to be surprised me with a great birthday weekend treat. As regular premier inn users we knew what to expect, they kindly informed us a few days before our stay that a function was going on during our stay, they placed us in the 'quiet' area of the hotel. this was good for us, it turned out not to be too noisy. We did not realise that this hotel has no lift for guests to use. So it was a bit of a trek to get from reception up. across and around to the 'quiet' part. The lack of air con does let this hotel down, a fan was in the room, and the very helpful gentleman (allan) working on reception was very helpful, polite and offered us a sheet just in case we did get too hot and would need to be cool, jugs of cool ice water were readily available until late at night from the adjoining pub/restaurant. We dined in the pub/restaurant, a first for us, the food was reasonably priced, and plenty was on the plate! We were left slightly disappointed on the sunday evening. We had booked a table for the well advertised 'sunday roast carvery' something that we had been looking forward to during the day as we saw the sights and wonderful cathedral at nearby Worcester. On arrival in the pub/restaurant just before 7pm, we were shocked to find that the advertised carvery from 12 noon to 8pm had in fact been cleared away at 6pm! Had we been informed after arriving back to our room earlier that afternoon that the carvery was due to close we would have happily eaten earlier. The staff were polite, hard working and seemed mostly happy. 'jenni' our 'breakfast' helper/server was a delight to meet, so helpful, made us feel so very welcome, the poor lady was rushed off her feet, she kept her cool, served everyone she needed to, eventually other staff did come on duty to ease the rush that this lady was having to work through. On departure we were greeted by the same receptionist (allan) who had been so very helpful when we checked in, This kind receptionist had given me a lovely bag of sweets the day before after being informed that it was my birthday, he also carried my case out to our car, we really did appreciate that, it is the little things that people do for each other that often mean so much. would happily stay there again

Room Tip: asking for a quiet room really will make a difference, take a room fan if you do know that there is...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank snugglebunny14414
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights during the heat wave to go to my Mother in Law's 90th Birthday Party in July. I guess this type of weather is a rarity in this country resulting in no air conditioning. We give the receptionist her dues - she could see how hot we were having travelled from the Isle of Wight and gave us a jug of ice filled water - soooo needed! The night was unbearable - the temperature read 29 degrees. I had to dampen a towel with cold water and lay it on me to cool my body - it worked.
Whether we accustomed to the conditions or not but the second night felt a little cooler and bearable - no towel required.
All in all the bed and bathroom met our expectation and would use this inn again (mid-winter)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Markiebabes26
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed one night, reception staff excellent and check in quick and efficient. Room was very comfortable but a little noisy at times. We ate in the attached Resturant, I ordered the steak medium rare but came medium well! Other than that would stay again if in the area.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ian W
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Nice room - spacious, clean with a large comfortable bed - a courteous welcome from a very polite receptionist. Although I am always wary of eating at these establishments I must compliment the establishment on a very nice evening meal in the adjoining restaurant.
Unfortunately, it was like my room had been placed in the middle of a children’s playground. A playground that was full of children having fun. Having fun I am fine with – having fun at midnight, 1am, 2am and then starting again at 6am is a little harder to tolerate.
The walls are very thin and I could hear word for word the conversations from adjoining rooms.
£29 is great value for money and I cant fault the hotel facilities, but having families in rooms in a supposed quiet area of the hotel is a mistake I feel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Tynan_12
A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Redditch West (A448) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redditch
The Southcrest Manor Hotel
#2 of 3 in Alcester
Old Rectory House
Old Rectory House
#5 of 7 in Redditch

Been to Premier Inn Redditch West (A448) Hotel? Share your experiences!