“Pleasantly suprised”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Redditch
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly suprised”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I was on a night out with friends who had travelled to see me and decided to stay at this hotel which I also joined them in doing. I was a bit hesitate after reading some of the reviews on here but I was pleasantly surprised. Upon arrival it was a big spacious car park and free to park, as at some hotels we have had to pay to park. Then when checking in the very friendly gentleman, I think he was called dave (forgive me if I am wrong), made us feel very welcome and was extremely helpful, even bein so kind to help us with our bags up the stairs. My room was spacious, clean and comfortable. My friends felt the same about their room too. We had breakfast the next morning in the adjoining restaurant which was delicious. Staff are very friendly at this hotel and I would definitely recommend it :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank munchyloulou
Dave B, Manager at Premier Inn Redditch West (A448) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I am glad to hear you and your friends enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found our car park accommodating, there's plenty of spaces, and convenient for you to pull up right by the front door. It was actually myself that checked you in, I'm flattered to hear the compliment and that I was able to make your stay with us that bit more special. I will pass on the compliments about the clean rooms to my room attendants, its nice to hear their hard work appreciated and I’m sure they will love the recognition. Your kind words will also be forwarded to the restaurant team. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Rhyl, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is the fist time I have styed at the Foxlydiate Arms an I'm sure it will not be the last. The family room was spacious, clean and modern.
Its worth purchasing the breakfast especially if you are travelling with children as it is good value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tatty36
Dave B, Manager at Premier Inn Redditch West (A448) Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you very much for your positive review. I am glad to hear you liked the family room, when travelling with a family the space can really come in handy i'm sure you'll agree. Your recommendation for the Premier Breakfast is great to hear, all you can eat and drink and also kids eat free, I will pass on your appreciation to the restaurant team. I do hope you get the chance to stay with us again, please ring me direct on 01527 910 346 to let me know which room you stayed in and I will do my best to allocate you the same again.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have used this hotel on many occasions when we attend the British Rope Skipping competitions. The staff are so helpful and efficient - nothing is ever too much trouble. My only disappointment was the food on the first night - an extremely long wait for both mains and puddings which was very frustrating for all of us, especially the children who were very hungry and tired and needed to get to bed early as they were competing the next morning. As I suffer from complicated stomach problems I asked for a half portion of the Gammon but was informed by the waiter behind the bar that I could have it but would have to pay the full price!! The potatoes were terrible - made from instant 'smash' type powder - awful!! The second night was the total opposite with the head waiter 'Yanis' on duty - I remember him from our previous visits and up to his usual high standard we were treated to. exceptional service!! The Premier Inn. Management should have this man train staff in customer relations - from 'meet and greet' through to after service.A special note to the hierarchy of Premier Inn - look after this man because it's only a matter of time before another hotel snaps him up!!!
Thank you to all staff, oh I forgot to mention the lady with blonde hair who looks after breakfast - another great worker!! We will be back!! Silvanna Matheson,Skip 2 The Beat coach

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank skippyskippygirljump
Dave B, Manager at Premier Inn Redditch West (A448) Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you very much for you fantastic review, I will pass on your kind words to Yanis and his team. I'm sure your review will be much appreciated for future guests staying with us, understanding a possible need to go to the restaurant early before they get too busy. I know we discussed the portion size after your meal and we did mention the option of ordering off the kids menu but I can appreciate that it is a smaller choice on there and your feedback will be taken on board by the restaurant manager. We loved having you stay with us again, especially seeing the kids display outside, I'm sure they did you proud at the competition. Hopefully the weather is just as perfect for you next time you stay, look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Dawlish, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My second stay at this hotel, this time with a friend to visit more friends. Welcoming staff, clean, comfortable and everything one could need in the room .
We had a late lunch in the restaurant on our arrival and a fantastic breakfast next morning. All the food was hot. Staff were attentive.
Shocking signal availability for any mobiles though. Never mind - - there are some things one can do without occasionally

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mary M
Dave B, Manager at Premier Inn Redditch West (A448) Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you found the team friendly and attentive, I will be happy to pass on your compliments to them. We understand that phone reception is poor in the area and that can cause frustration, we are more than happy for guests to utilise our landline facilities if they wish, and also our recent wifi upgrade has proved a success for those that wish to communicate through the web. Myself and the team will look forward to welcoming you back, should you stay with us in the future.
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for one night with two young children. The room itself was clean and very spacious. The main bed was huge and very comfortable. (didn't want to get out of it) The children had single beds made up for them and there was plenty of room to move about. The bathroom could do with a little updating and was a little small, with the sink behind the door. However it was functional.
Some noise from other families and doors banging, but was not really anything you wouldn't expect.
Breakfast in the morning was good and there was plenty of choice. The staff were friendly and helpful.
You know what you are getting with Premier inn and it is normally a pretty decent nights stay.
The hotel is a bit difficult to find, however and even with the sat nav there seems to be a lot of driving around in circles to get there.

Room Tip: Phone ahead with any specific room requests - staff will normally be accommodating if what you want...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rupunzel_11
Wellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Premier Inn Redditch West (A448) Hotel Reviews

If you have had a hard day at work! Not the hotel for you, doors slamming down stairs, rooms are a good size the reception staff friendly very helpful, the bar food average and if you want kids running around screaming or starring at you through the bars well this is the place to be.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jtn01844
Joanne L, Receptionist at Premier Inn Redditch West (A448) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback. At Premier Inn we try our best to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay and I apologise that on this occasion this was not the case. We have taken into account your feedback and are making improvements to the hotel. I have also passed on your feedback to the restaurant Manager. I do hope that this experience has not put you off staying with Premier Inn again in the future.
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed at this Premier Inn for the second time.

Convenient location for visiting relatives in Redditch.

Very large and comfortable room.

Breakfast in the morning was of a very high quality with a mix of self service buffet and cooked to order English breakfast.

Very good value for a family stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Daniel F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redditch
The Southcrest Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Redditch North (A441) Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch
Meadow Farm
Meadow Farm
#7 of 8 in Redditch
Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa
Premier Inn Bromsgrove Central Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Redditch West (A448) Hotel? Share your experiences!