Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch
Abbey Hotel(Redditch)
US$93
The Southcrest Manor Hotel(Redditch)(Great Value!)
US$48
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewstrain stationshopping centrebeansfew minutes walkcar parkfree wifibreakfast was includedenglish breakfastclean hotelyogurtsofa bedcadbury worldplenty of parkingbudget hotelexcellent valueshort stayfamily room
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is my 2nd review of the HI Express Redditch, and my stay was perfect yet again.
There is always plenty of parking spaces upon arrival and the car park is clean and well maintained.
Check in begins with a smile from the extremely friendly staff and although it's been well over a year since my previous visit - I was welcomed back like a regular guest.
Rooms are spotless, I requested a smoking room - very few places still offer this service, yet the room did not smell like an ashtray. It was only the fact than an ashtray was provided that you know it's a smoking room!
Dinner was brilliant yet again. I opted for Whitebait followed by the rib eye steak. The starter was very generous and tasted delicious - tasted so fresh. The steak was perfectly cooked - and so juicy, I wanted more! All the other items on the plate were delicious too, the confit tomatoes were amazing! And chips, yes a simple chip, was so yummy!
I missed breakfast as I didn't want to get out of the lovely bed, but judging by dinner I'm sure that is just as good.
I stayed here as I had a meeting at the NEC the following morning - yes there are closer hotels, but this place is worth the extra few miles for the value you get.

To the hotel management - you obviously take great pride in your hotel and your staff and it shows. I commend you and everyone in your team for the benchmark for all other HI Express's to follow and hope to be on business in the area again soon so I can stay again!

Room Tip: It's a quiet area so all rooms are very similar.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NHarvey
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear Highly Valued Repeat Guest

Thank you so much for your absolutely wonderful review ! Your feedback is truly motivational for the management and the team and we really appreciate your taking the time to convey your positive experiences on tripadvisor and for recognising the efforts of all the team members which contributed towards your perfect stay.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future and thank you again for your 5 star review

Best Wishes

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We stay here very often. For £50 a night with breakfast the hotel really is great value. The rooms are clean and spacious,the facilities are excellent and the breakfast is good.

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and will do everything they can to make your stay the best they possibly can.

If anybody is traveling to stay in Redditch I would say that this is definitely the best place to stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chloelouise096

Dear Highly Valued Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted by your enjoyment of our facilities and breakfast offering, and that our team went the extra mile to make you feel that we provide the best hotel in Redditch !

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you in the near future

Reviewed 13 December 2013

My wife & I regularly stay here as a half way stop over on our way to W Wales. The rooms are clean, the bed comfortable, the staff friendly & the evening meal a good size and very tasty. The only drawback is the complimentary breakfast in the morning: the sausages are not up to much & the scrambled eggs seem to be powdered. If you just have continental, that's fine. Free WiFi is a bonus if you take a meal package.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Repeat Guest

We are very grateful to you for your repeat custom and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences on tripadvisor

We appreciate your recognition of the high standards of cleanliness and the comfort of our accommodation, in addition to your recognition of the friendliness of our team and our excellent restaurant offering. Kindly note that we have recently changed our sausages to a fresh product which our guests have found very enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Wales

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Redditch with my family when visiting the Cadbury factory. The hotel has a good size car park, which has barriers which is nice and secure. It also has a bar and restaurant, and does a decent all-in breakfast. The kids bed was already put out and ready to go (unlike at Travelodges...), lots of pillows, TV was fine, tea making facilities, good bathroom, etc. Birmingham was about a 30 minute drive.
All in all, a very good experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jdtootell

Dear Highly Valued Guest

We are most appreciative of your taking the time to share your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us during your family visit to nearby Cadbury World

We are delighted you enjoyed the complimentary hot buffet breakfast offering, the comfort of your room, our secure car park and our new flat screen televisions so much.

We are very convenient for a host of other nearby attractions such as Warwick Castle, Stratford upon Avon and many more so we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our hotel in the near future

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Quite impressed with this hotel. Standard HIX décor and rooms, but adequate and clean. The two of us stayed one night and paid £53 including breakfast - which I thought was really good value. Located nicely for the centre of town and without question the best hotel to stay at in Redditch.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple