“Very nice”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Redditch
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were attending a wedding reception at Redditch football club myself, husband and 8 month old son we chose this hotel as it is quite new apparently. This hotel is lovely inside the rooms are immaculate as is the bedding.
Helpful staff and lovely breakfast, very tasty and constantly replenished by the staff who were on hand to help.
We would definitely use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed here in Jan 14 over night for a business trip. Hotel was exactly as expected, comfortable and quiet. Room was much bigger than expected and comfortable bed. Only slight downside for me was the positioning of the power points in the room- none near the mirror- made using straighteners a little challenging. Otherwise all was great and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Redditch in connection with a visit to the International Spring Show at the N.E.C. in Birmingham. The N.E.C. was quickly reached by road, which means guests here arrive by car, and parking can be tight if you arrive late.
Check in was quick, and as a Rewards member I was offered a courtesy beverage and a snack, which was nice. I had also forgotten my charger for the iPhone, but the front desk had a spare to lend me. Thank you!
The room was clean and generally this hotel looks to be freshly done over. But what is that smell? Has housekeeping gone on a mad rampage with the Glade aerosol?
A clean hotel room shouldn't smell, and shouldn't need be saturated on floral fumes.
It makes me wonder what they are trying to conceal, and I had to sleep with the window ajar, which meant being woken by early morning traffic just outside.
Nice and comfortable bed.
Bathroom: Low water pressure. Water drainage in the sink poor. The tissue in the bathroom contained two sheets. No extra box provided. The toilet paper had 12 inches left on the roll. Yes, there was a spare roll, but I wonder sometimes why housekeeping doesn't notice these things?

Breakfast was OK, pretty much the standard English, but I would recommend getting down early as the warm courses are more appetising then, than after two hours on the hot plate.
There is very little in the way of restaurants in close proximity of the hotel, but the in house restaurant served a well prepared evening meal and even offers daily specials, which was nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Tord E,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am delighted to here that you found our hotel clean and comfortable rooms. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Great hotel ! Good value for money with a family package to go to Cadbury World. Location great only a 10 minute drive to Cadbury World. Rooms were very clean and staff very helpful. Very family friendly. Last minute.com do grat deals for this hotel. Also this hotel is not far from the Bulldog Shopping Mall.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Friendly and efficient welcome and check in. Room clean. Girl who served us at the bar didn't smile or speak. Comfy bed and great nights sleep. Breakfast was a complete let down...the cooked food looked like it had been out since breakfast started a couple of hours before (we were down an hour before it was due to finish)...couldn't cut the bacon...or even chew some of it...beans had a thick skin over and bread stale. Coffee machine not working and being cleaned by the miserable girl who served us last night. Plates etc not cleared from table. There were only 6 people in the dining room. ..hardly busy. No it isn't very nice working unsociable hours etc...the group I was with all do it and we came for a nice night away...it was spoilt somewhat by the lack of service and simple manners this morning.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank melaniej74
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. Please accept our apologies that the waitress you refer to did not meet your expectations in terms of friendliness or service . Your feedback has been discussed with her in detail and is certainly not indicative of our usual high standards of service.

We very much appreciate your positive feedback about the friendly welcome you received, the high standards of cleanliness and the comfort of your room.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again and ensuring you experience our very high standards or service from all our team and quality of breakfast offering on your next stay

Kind regards
Mirfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

National holiday s booked us in here on a strictly tour. They gave us broccoli and Stilton soup, chicken tikka masala or gnocchi for dinner both of which was edible but no more than. The tea and coffee was undrinkable, (staff members agreed they couldn't drink it either). Breakfast was as bad, under cooked sausages terrible scrambled eggs and " tea &coffee". They should not have accepted the booking if they couldn't cope with 56 people for dinner etc. the rooms were ok the staff were ok but we had no choice but to put up with the situation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations and we apologize in this regard.

Kindly note that all our meals are freshly prepared on site and we frequently cater for well in excess of your numbers. Had you provided any feedback with regard to your menu preferences, it would have been our pleasure to prepare alternates or cook the sausages to your liking.

We thank you for your feedback as it enables us to constantly monitor our performance in order to strive to achieve our objective of meeting and exceed guest expectations.

Yours sincerely
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is my 2nd review of the HI Express Redditch, and my stay was perfect yet again.
There is always plenty of parking spaces upon arrival and the car park is clean and well maintained.
Check in begins with a smile from the extremely friendly staff and although it's been well over a year since my previous visit - I was welcomed back like a regular guest.
Rooms are spotless, I requested a smoking room - very few places still offer this service, yet the room did not smell like an ashtray. It was only the fact than an ashtray was provided that you know it's a smoking room!
Dinner was brilliant yet again. I opted for Whitebait followed by the rib eye steak. The starter was very generous and tasted delicious - tasted so fresh. The steak was perfectly cooked - and so juicy, I wanted more! All the other items on the plate were delicious too, the confit tomatoes were amazing! And chips, yes a simple chip, was so yummy!
I missed breakfast as I didn't want to get out of the lovely bed, but judging by dinner I'm sure that is just as good.
I stayed here as I had a meeting at the NEC the following morning - yes there are closer hotels, but this place is worth the extra few miles for the value you get.

To the hotel management - you obviously take great pride in your hotel and your staff and it shows. I commend you and everyone in your team for the benchmark for all other HI Express's to follow and hope to be on business in the area again soon so I can stay again!

Room Tip: It's a quiet area so all rooms are very similar.