“Very Good”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Redditch
Berks
“Very Good”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

En route from Lincoln to Westcountry and needed a break. What a good hotel! Just minutes from M42 so ideal for that nightstop. Good pub type food, friendly staff and a lovely room looking out onto fields and all for less than fifty quid for two B&B
Recommended

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My fiance and myself booked a room in the old farmhouse for new years eve. On arriving at the hotel we waited to be greeted by the receptionist, who was on her phone to a friend! ? She eventually greeted us we paid our bill in advance and went up to our room .On entering the room it was freezing cold so I said to my parner , we will turn the heater on and go and have some food, we spent 2 hours in the restaurant , the less said about the microwaved pre cooked food the better , of which I didnt eat of course .we purchased a bottle of wine and went back to the room thinking that it would be warmed up by now , what a surprise , it was still freezing cold , their was no phone to call reception and when I looked out of the window I could see about 7 people waiting to see the receptionist, I was so upset as my partner had just left hospital after recieving his second kidney transplant , so new year for us was going to be a quiet one as im lucky hes still here ! We just decided to get into bed to keep warm but we were still freezing cold and that night was cold anyway and was raining really heavy .....I decided to get into bed with all my clothes on including my scarf , our new year was a disaster , we were so tired in the morning we didnt even go for breakfast , but I did go to reception and complain, some dopey deputy manager came and apologised to us , I said I accept your apology but im still not happy , I had paid £70 for the room and I want some sort of compension , the room was not as described! I left my phone number and he promised he would call me back that day ...., no phone call , I called 4 times again after this over the course of 2 weeks , and just kept getting fobbed off . So I wrote an email to the manager no reply.....so now I am on here just to let people know that this place is a joke the food was rubbish the bed made me itch like crazy , their was no heating in the, the staff are useless dopey and incompetent, and the manager just wants your money and doesnt care about customer service its no better than a room in student accomodation I shall never return again and I only live 20min away and have let all my friends and family know ! Surely a business thrives on word of mouth , I shall now be writing an email to marstons inn head office yours cindy

Room Tip: Stay away from the farm house im sure its still full of fleas and mites from when the animals were t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cindyann2014
qmech
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I've been staying in this hotel since October 2013 on a regular basis.
The decor, carpets and beds are all new and the bathrooms/towels are always spotlessly clean.
The rooms are warm and the staff are always friendly, helpful and welcoming.
Dove soap, bottled water, biscuits, tea/coffee and hot chocolate in all the rooms.

Breakfast is included in the price and that is faultless. If I could change one thing though, it would be the toaster as it's quite easy to set the toast on fire, before it's crisp. I have visited most of the hotels in this proximity and tried all the breakfasts.

Meals in the pub are good for this kind of food but then on saying that, I've had better steaks here on occasion, than I've had in top class restaurants.

I will be staying in Redditch until July 2014 and once I've left, I'll update my rating.

Room Tip: If you can't carry bags, book a room on the ground floor If you don't want the hot chocolat...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank qmech
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner on the 10th jan 14, was really excited about this hotel because of the reviews we had read & the place lived up to expectations right up to bedtime then the nightmare began,didnt sleep well cause the bed was rock hard, in the morning when I complained all the staff could say was its only just been refurbed, anyway spoke to lesley(manager)she wasnt very helpful & offered me vouchers to the value of my room which she thought was £40 yet we paid £53:95 to stay here, im not a happy man now taking it to marstons direct, where hopefully I wont get insulted anymore & will be treated as a valued customer & taken care off, if this place was still travel lodge would of already been sorted

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2RRF
wolverhampton
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stopped in room 102 in November 2013, nicely presented room with comfy bed, but the noise got unbearable by 11.30pm, unable to swap rooms due to being full. Full refund got the following morning but no apology from Manager, have subsequently contacted Marstons Inns but still to get a reply 6 weeks later. Nice place and would stop again however avoid this room if you want to sleep!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a quiet room, do not accept room 102 unless you want to stay up all night or are d...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed here when it was a Travelodge and was impressed then, but Marstons has taken it to another level.

We stayed on an offer - two nights for the price of one and what an absolute bargain. We had a large room in the old farmhouse. The uneven floor and ceiling just added to the charm and character of our room.

Breakfast was included which consisted of help yourself to cereals, toast, yoghurt and fruit followed by a full English to order or variations to that - beans on toast etc. We had the full English with poached eggs. A good wholesome breakfast and sets you up for the day.

We have family in Redditch and whenever we visit it will definitely be Marstons at Meadow Farm.

Thank You for a lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheffield
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed here some time ago when it was a Travelodge. Now being run by Marston Inns. The décor has improved and the whole place looks fresh and clean. The food in the adjoining pub is so much better than usual chain food with an extensive specials board. Good breakfast. The best feature though is the staff. Most helpful and service with a smile. I have stayed twice in ten days and cannot fault it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redditch
The Southcrest Manor Hotel
#47 of 117 in Birmingham
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
#4 of 8 in Bromsgrove

Been to Meadow Farm? Share your experiences!