“Afternoon Tea”

Hogarths Stone Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stone
Reviewed 21 May 2014

It was our Aunts 90th Birthday and we wanted a special treat for her. Afternoon tea sounded ideal. Unfortunately upon arriving we were waiting for about 5 mins without anyone coming to us,even though staff were walking past us, the only staff that we could get hold of seemed to be at reception and therefore asked them, when we were told someone would be with us. We were eventually shown to our reserved table. Waitress asked if we all wanted tea or coffee as well, which was fine, drink was then brought and upon seeing us slightly struggle the waitress offered to pour for us. The sandwiches/cakes were then delivered. I cannot fault the drink or food, only that they did not ask at any time to refill our tea or coffee or even ask if there was anything else we required. As the afternoon went on we decided that perhaps a more refreshing drink may be in order. Again no one at the bar (even though we only had soft drinks or water) and we had to go asking for assistance.
For a Hotel with such a reputation we were disappointed in the service with the staff not exactly warm and welcoming (when we eventually go them). It was almost as if they were just doing a job with no welcoming smile or happy expession. I would hesitate to go back there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
James R, General Manager at Hogarths Stone Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Many thanks for your comments following your recent visit for Afternoon Tea.
It is with great sadness that I read your comments and can only apologise for a failing in what is our normal standard of service and attention.
We take all comments very seriously and wil pass on your comments to all concerned to improve our service.
Please contact me personally to re-arrange a visit for your Aunt so that we can prove that this was an isolated incident.

There are newer reviews for Hogarths Stone Manor

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I booked in to stay at Stone Manor as I was in the area for work. I new the hotel looked lovely when I booked but the photos don't do it justice. What a beautifully grand building, and such character! All the staff were so friendly and welcoming from the minute we checked in until having to leave the following morning.
I spent some time in the early evening just walking around the grounds taking in the views.
Dinner in the evening was delicious, again all the staff were attentive.
My room was lovely and clean with views over the gardens. The beds were comfortable and so were the pillows. A good nights sleep and a lovely full English the next morning set me up for another busy day. Just a shame I couldn't stay longer. Not to worry though, I will be back!

Well done to everyone, a lovely hotel and a great Best Western!

2  Thank Pink_Lady_MBB

Many thanks for your comments, it is always good to hear when guests have enjoyed their stay as we are very proud of the standard of service we provide.
We work hard to provide a welcoming environment whilst maintaining a professional standard at the same time.
I will pass on your comments to all the staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the BEST WESTERN Stone Manor Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location, quiet and the experience from arrival to departure is excellent due to the friendliness and efficiency of all the employees. Breakfast is a real treat to set you up for the day ahead, great spread and good quality together with a service being absolutely faultless, look forward to returning.

2  Thank Ian D

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay with us.
We pride ourselves on providing an efficient and welcoming atmosphere for all of our guests.
Our breakfast has won many awards so I am very pleased to hear that we did not disappoint.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We arrived to be told that the restaurant would not be able to serve us until 8pm as a party of 50 was booked in at 7pm - there were 2 of us and I am more than certain that we could have chosen and been served before such a large group had even placed their order, still apparently "rules are rules". The room was lovely however the walls were soooo thin that I could hear my neighbour plug their phone into charge and could hear the mobile phone interference!!! I will not be staying here again, but I have to say that it would make a lovely wedding venue - just dont stay over afterwards

Room Tip: Avoid room 12
1  Thank jnpnj

Thank you for you comments. I have noted your comment regarding not being able to dine in our Restaurant until 8pm, we stagger bookings to ensure that all of our guests have the best experience possible without having to wait. The party you mention had pre-booked the earlier time and had also made their menu choices in advance so whilst no order had to be taken the more prompt we are in serving food the better for all concerned.
I also note your comment on the thickness of our bedroom walls and the noise from another mobile phone, I am unaware of any previous problems but will of course investigate the matter further.
We use all comments and feedback to continuously improve standards and I thank you for bringing these matters to my attention.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I took my wife and granddaughter for a shopping treat, to a town they had never been to, so we needed a base. I definitely picked the right location. Staff really helpful, friendly and very efficient. The room was spotless, spacious and very comfortable. The food was excellent and served quite quickly after we ordered. The hotel in general (including the grounds), immaculate. The final bonus was it was 10 minutes drive from the town, which pleased the girls and meant I wasn't too far away to drive after a long day shopping, Thank you to all at the hotel (including the wonderful piano player in the evening). We hope to return, soon.

Room Tip: The rooms at the rear have great views of the grounds.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony H

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
We are pleased tohear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will pass on your comments to all the staff.
We hope to welcome you back to the BEST WESTERN Stone Manor Hotel soon to experience more of what Worcestershire and the hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This has to be one of the best "Best Western" hotels for its beautiful grounds and manor building. Comfortable bar areas, helpful staff, and starting the day with a hearty breakfast made this a much loved break in which to return again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us.
Feedback is very important to us and it is pleasing to hear from our guests when they have enjoyed their stay and the facilities we offer.
Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Gainsborough House Hotel
Gainsborough House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Kidderminster
The Southcrest Manor Hotel

Been to Hogarths Stone Manor? Share your experiences!