“Traditional hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stone
Kidderminster
“Traditional hotel”
Reviewed 19 September 2005

Recently had a meal at the hotel after a gap of some years. It is a memory of by gone years with food arriving covered by silver domes and many flambed dishes being a speciality

It is good value for the type of surroundings and as it has exensive gardens is ideal for a SUnday lunch or summers evening as you can have a drink on the terrace.

They often have special eals for mid week stays and the setting is ideal for weddings as it can accommodate large numbers and has several suites available.

I have not stayed overnight as I live about 2 miles away, but visitors to my home stayed overnight and found it agreeable.

1 Thank Ladywholunches

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 September 2005

I got married at the Stone Manor Hotel in November 2002 and was made to feel cherished and very much at home.

Myself, my mother, my stepdaughter and her friend and a couple of friends from Cardiff stayed as well with the daughter of one who at the time was only 7. We had a fantastic meal on the evening and had a great time in the lounge area afterwards drinking and laughing with the members of staff as they passed through.

On the morning of my wedding I was informed that under no circumstances was I to leave my room in case my fiancee got there earlier than expected. I was therefore waited on hand and foot at no extra charge with breakfast in bed including bucks fizz. The hairdresser came up to my room and so did a masseur (both of which I had organised beforehand).

When it was time for me to go downstairs my photographer (who was well known by the staff at Stone Manor - Sammy Southall) came to collect myself and my mother.

The atmosphere was excellent, the food was delicious, the hotel dj couldn't have been improved on and all the way through my stay from the night before my wedding to the morning after I did not have to worry or think about a single thing. Everything was handled and thought out ahead by the hotel and its wonderful staff.

I can not praise this hotel and its staff and management enough to do it justice.

KEEP UP THE BRILLIANT WORK.

• Stayed November 2002
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Reviewed 21 June 2005

Stone Manor is exactly what you would expect for a wedding venue with rooms. The location is pleasant, some rooms are lovely (unfortunately these are closest to the reception rooms - read 'loud disco'). Other rooms are quieter (although a little dated in style), but subject to noise from wedding guests - noisy unsupervised kids roaming the corridors until midnight. The public areas are functional, built for high-volume.

The staff were very pleasant, especially the porter who took us to 3 rooms and moved our stuff around until we found the quietest room. Stone Manor seems to employ mostly locals who care, this is unusual today where even expensive places use cheap labor with limited english.

The wedding that we attended was well run and the service and food quality was better than the average for large event/mass-produced affairs.

The food in the guest dining room is average and over-priced. We got a recommendation and directions to a local pub from a staff member who was obviously used to sending guests elsewhere (He sent us 10 minutes away to the Mare and Colt pub - great food, beer and atmosphere and much less expensive).

My family were very happy with the wedding. If you want a quiet weekend, look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank Ducksdelux
Fernley, NV
Reviewed 15 January 2003

Stayed here with a friend in one of the rooms overlooking the fountain and pool. Rooms are spacious as well as the private baths. Biscuits and tea were always available. Service from our bellman and the staff was excellent. I especially enjoyed the peacefulness of the grounds which are spaceous and lovely. Watching the rabbits on the lawns in the morning mist while taking our tea was a delight.
The food at dinner was wonderful! I had a vegetarian meal that was pleasing to the eye as well as the palate.
It is defintely worth the visit! Thank you for a most wonderful and memorable stay! I will defintely stay with you again!

3 Thank Louiseann_8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone
Brockencote Hall Hotel
Gainsborough House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Kidderminster
Mercure Kidderminster Hotel
The Southcrest Manor Hotel

Been to Hogarths Stone Manor? Share your experiences!