“Best local pub in Stourport!”
Review of Old Rose and Crown

Old Rose and Crown
Description: It's great to be back! Thank you for your ongoing support over the last year. A few things to consider before you visit: Booking is not essential, though we would recommend you book in advance. Outdoor service is limited to guests in groups of six or two households (no limit on number) is permitted. Please note we may need to vary our opening hours and food service times given the time of year and the unpredictable nature of our Great British weather! Track and trace requirements have changed meaning all guests over 16 years of age must check in and provide their contact details. Unfortunately we must refuse service if guests do not comply. To get the most up-to-date notices on our re-opening, keep an eye on our Facebook page. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed 21 June 2016

I've been going here with my family for over a decade now and over the years it's been like a rollercoaster, it's had it's ups and down, but with the new management there, it's never been this good. Great value in food and the atmosphere there is always great. I actually do work there as one of the bartender's and waitresses and I love it so much. It's a great place to work. All the customers are so lovely and everything about the pub is brilliant, it's like my second home, and it's also the same for a lot of our customers now. I host open mic nights there once a month and it's going down really well. Next one is the 24th June, hope to see a lot of people there.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank chloem658
Write a reviewReviews (49)

Reviewed 31 May 2016

First time I have been here. So good I had to write on Trip Advisor. This place is a diamond. Great parking, fantastic food and a beer garden to keep anyone happy. Friendly staff and locals helped make a wonderful afternoon. Cannot wait to come to our caravan next holiday.

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank jimmV3216XS
Reviewed 25 May 2016

The new owners have a chance to bring back a great watering hole ,
menu needs a few new ideas but i am sure they will .

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 20 May 2016

We have been going to this pub for over 10 years since moving into the area. Visits have been infrequent during the last 3 or 4 years, as the place has slowly been going downhill. A "couldn't care less" attitude by staff and management had reduced the place to a state where the food was awful, and the beer was a poor choice and badly kept.

However, the gentleman who keep the Bay Horse just outside Stourport has now taken over management of the pub, and it is starting to show after just a couple of weeks. The old, tatty menus have been replaced with ones similar to those at the BH, and the variety and quality of the beers has improved. We have eaten there a couple of times and the food was most acceptable.

It's a shame when local pubs go downhill, so now that the Rosie is on its way back we intend to support it!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 17 May 2016

My girlfriend and I had been driving round exploring the area and just wanted to stop somewhere for an easy late lunch, it was about 3pm on a Saturday afternoon at the start of April. Outside the pub it advertised two for one meals so we thought ideal, went in and could see that it was quite a local type of pub although the chef / manager guy behind the bar was very nice and friendly. We had our baby daughter with us, the man said to pick a table and he'd bring a high chair round for us, table chosen I got drinks from the bar....no tab available so just paid for the drinks and then went back to the table to study the menu, it was only then that we realised that the 2-4-1 meals were only for a set time period and not all the time, it was Monday to Friday, felt a bit let down by this but it was too late to start faffing around to look for somewhere else. The menu was okay, bit of your typical offering with mixed grills, gammon, cajun chicken, burgers etc. We both fancied burgers, I can't remember the names of them but the one that I wanted was no longer available, the chef man explained that they were about to change their menu so they were running the stock down so I chose a different burger. food came out in a reasonable time, was an okay meal...nothing wrong but equally not a wow factor. I had another beer and a couple at a table near to us started chatting about our daughter and then various other things so all in all we had a nice time. Not a place I'd specially drive out too and also not a place for a nice evening meal out but okay for an easy pub meal.

Date of visit: April 2016