“Excellent Indian restaurant with really great service”

Namaste Indian Eatery
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Namaste Indian Eatery will take you on a culinary journey across the Indian sub-continent to present a superb combination of vibrant and delicious regional delicacies.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We spotted this restaurant from the canal with it's 3 courses for £9.95 offer, we decided that it would be our dinner venue for the night...

An excellent place with a wide choice on the menu, very attentive, but not overbearing service and a lovely friendly ambience. We enjoyed some great food and left feeling that we'd had a really good time.

The 3 course menu is basically any of the regular starters and mains (you pay a little extra for the special signature dishes), with a choice of rice or a nan followed by an ice cream - it made a nice meal with just a poppadom to munch while we waited for our starters. As you expect in an Indian restaurant - plenty of hot food served up on plate warmers and onto scalding hot plates.

The service was second to none, and I don't hesitate to recommend.

1  Thank PicnMix_UK

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've been to this indian several times, and I'm always chuffed. The deal they have for the three courses, is around £10 and amazing. I always have the baby squid bhuna which is lovely. The waiters are very attentive and serve everything to you. Even the ice cream is fab! would recommend, as it is cheaply priced but this is not reflected in the food! Top indian!

2  Thank Matt P
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I've been here a few times in the past but never thought to review it. The restaurant is sited as you come round the ring road just at the bend there the road turns right towards the town centre and there is a lovely little tea shop on the corner. The restaurant is adjacent to the tea shop.

Let's start with the negative first. There is not a lot of space for parking in the small car park outside. Don't let that put you off though. There's lots of space in the surrounding streets.

When we go we never book and just turn up hoping there might be a space inside. The staff are extremely friendly and go out of their way to give you good service. We were celebrating so we popped in there on the way home. The restaurant is small and compact but we were offered a table near the window and given the menus. There is a good variety of food on offer. I opted for the Aloo as a starter and my wife and daughter had some mixed meat kebabs. The selection of main meals was good too. Funny enough I can't remember what I had but the daughter chose a Chicken Makani and my wife opted for something I can't remember either.

However, the service was great and the food arrived quite quickly. The starters were brilliant and went down a treat. When the main meals arrived later the waiter used silver service to assist putting some of the meal on the plates. A nice touch I thought. We had a couple of Peshwari's which were right up there with the best of them. I had a couple of pints of Cobra, sorry for you folks that might prefer Kingfisher, to wash it down. The meal was excellent and well worth the value.

The cost was not too pricey either. With the beers it cost about just over £50 for the three of us. However, the disappointment of the night was the fact that I had arrived with no cash on me and not realising that their card reader did not have the facility for adding a tip to the bill I was very embarrassed at not being able to leave a tip. I pride myself on leaving good tips for good food. So I must visit again to make up for this disappointment and have some notes in my pocket for when the cheque arrives.

Top food, top service, friendly staff, brilliant local restaurant. Must visit more often. PS one last thing, it does a take away service for those who prefer their food at home.

1  Thank helenandpaul13
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Local Indian, never stray anywhere else. Often go with the family but are never let down by the staff there who care a lot

Try the Karahi!

2  Thank Sam C
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We visited on a very busy Friday night and will be returning. The service and food were excellent and also great value. Can't wait to try the delivery service.

1  Thank 448AJJ