This hotel has some lovely grounds and nice facilities such as a great pool that our boys loved. The hotel interior is a bit tired in places but acceptable and our family room was ok if a little small with a fairly soft small double bed. The room oddly had a fair few bugs in it and for a family room was oddly positioned above the noisy reception entrance. The main things that let the hotel down are however around food and service. The good first - a meal of sandwiches and drinks in the bar was pretty good with great service from the young lad behind the bar who was cheery and helpful recommending great local Hobsons beer and saw to our every need. He needs more support from his colleagues in the kitchen though as fat chips arrived when fries were ordered and for some reason the extra fries ordered were peppered - small things but it got worse. A cream tea was delivered by a surly teenage girl without enough tea cups, any plates or a knive and the menu said clotted cream and it came with airated whipped cream. She informed us the kitchen had decided to do vanilla whipped cream - why you would swap clotted for something the customer didn't expect is a little odd - all this would of been fine if she sorted things out with a smile and some care not dagger looks! Best of all is after this episode the scones were not only cheap, cloying, dry texture but still frozen in the middle. We returned them & asked the barman to tell the kitchen and remind the girl she worked in a service industry. Consistent service and good food should be delivered in 4 star hotels but very often they don't manage it especially in chain hotels and sadly especially in the UK. I know they were busy with a wedding but our stay was marred by simple things to fix.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with such a lot to offer the business, leisure and wedding guest. There is a lot of history attached to our Victorian stately home in the heart of Worcestershire. Set within 23 acres of wonderful grounds, the Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor is located 10 minutes from the M5 motorway and has plenty of on-site parking. Along with 72 comfortable bedrooms including family bedrooms, the hotel has lots of great facilities including a brasserie, a bar and lounge now showing BT Sport, a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, spa bath, gym, tennis courts, squash courts and foot golf. The hotel is a stylish wedding venue with capacity for 220 guests, which also has nine meeting rooms with capacity for up to 350 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Priceline, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Stourport Manor Hotel Stourport On Severn
- Menzies Stourport Manor On Severn
- Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor Stourport-On-Severn, Worcestershire