“Ideal base”

Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Clackmannan, United Kingdom
“Ideal base”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My wife and I had our third stay here on 8/9/13. We chose to return as we were again visiting some of the local attractions. As we knew that the hotel is great value for money, has a great location, fantastic comfortable beds, large clean fully equipped rooms, and great food, our choice of where to stay was an easy choice.
The staff at the hotel are always very friendly and helpful, and breakfast being buffet style caters for those who wish full English, or continental, or just coffee and a muffin.
Once again we had a lovely time with no problems.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room in same area of hotel as a coach party, as they tend to forget that there are...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Although this hotel is part of a national group staying here felt like being in a family run hotel. We had an RAF reunion and the service, food and general atmosphere was so good we came back again and again. This year will be our third year. rooms are not massive but very comfortable and to one side of the main hotel so you are not bothered by any noise (if any) coming from a function room. Compact but pleasant swimming pool and fitness suite. The hotel is in an ideal location for visiting many of the tourist attractions in the local area.

Room Tip: Rear room upstairs if climbing stairs is not a problem. If they are then I would advise a ground flo...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chris P
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My daughters wedding was on 26th August. The hotel staff made it a truly wonderful day I would definitely recommend the venue to everyone. The food was wonderful Surroundings beautiful I haven't got one negative comment. Thank you all x

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank DeakinL
Alfreton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Have just returned from a very enjoyable weekend break at Stourport Manor with my wife & 9yr old son, I must admit we were a little worried before our arrival having seen a lot of negative feedback on here but there really was no need for any anxiety right from the start.

We loved the unique 2 tier family room enabling more privacy than the norm, the beds were comfy & we all enjoyed 2 decent nights sleep.

We had booked the restaurant on both nights of our stay (included in our pre-booked package) & had 2 excellent meals chosen from a varied menu. The staff were very friendly & although some training was in progress, service wasn't hindered in any way.

The hotel is obviously quite old but has been well maintained over the years & the lounges really are lovely whether enjoying a post meal drink or a read of the paper in a morning, the grounds are also really quite stunning especially when the sun is out as it was for nearly all our stay.

Almost certainly going to come back in the not to distant future especially as there are loads more places nearby that we simply didn't have the time to fit in.

1 Thank Keith H
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013

On attending a private function at This Hotel . Two members of our group injured themselves due to a faulty floor. I raised it with a member of staff who went away & told me the procedure for making an insurance claim ! Apparently this advice came from The General Manager . I have repeatedly attempted to contact The Manager to no avail.
I / We DONT want to make a claim .
I want to make sure no one else hurts themselves again !

Looking at the threads for this hotel
it seems the previous manager was much more helpful

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank les m
Louise A, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear that there were incidents at an event you attended at the hotel. I have spoken with my Duty Managers who would be running such events and neither I nor they have received such comments nor have I received any correspondence or calls from you as you have implied and therefore I am unfortunately not in a position to investigate. I can however confirm that with the basic information you have given, under no circumstances is that the way in which I or any of my Managers would have dealt with the issue and therefore I would certainly ask that you contact me on either 01299 289955 or via email at louise.addis@menzieshotels.co.uk so that I may have the opportunity to investigate what happened and where it happened and any causes that could have been avoided.
Nottingham
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We used the Stourport Manor as a base for visiting the local area and having a trip on the very impressive Severn Valley Railway and had a great time.

We travel a lot and I don’t recognise the hotel described by the few people giving this hotel the thumbs down.

The hotel ticks all the required boxes and lives up to its promises. The staff are very helpful, friendly and work hard to make your stay a good one.

We made good use of the pool – our two grand children loved it. The leisure facilities are excellent.

Lastly the food and bar. We had the evening meal package which worked really well. The bar area and lounge could not be better to relax in – with plenty of room/different areas to accommodate family or couples wanting a bit of privacy.

Our thanks to the team at Stourport Manor.

UK
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This hotel has some lovely grounds and nice facilities such as a great pool that our boys loved. The hotel interior is a bit tired in places but acceptable and our family room was ok if a little small with a fairly soft small double bed. The room oddly had a fair few bugs in it and for a family room was oddly positioned above the noisy reception entrance. The main things that let the hotel down are however around food and service. The good first - a meal of sandwiches and drinks in the bar was pretty good with great service from the young lad behind the bar who was cheery and helpful recommending great local Hobsons beer and saw to our every need. He needs more support from his colleagues in the kitchen though as fat chips arrived when fries were ordered and for some reason the extra fries ordered were peppered - small things but it got worse. A cream tea was delivered by a surly teenage girl without enough tea cups, any plates or a knive and the menu said clotted cream and it came with airated whipped cream. She informed us the kitchen had decided to do vanilla whipped cream - why you would swap clotted for something the customer didn't expect is a little odd - all this would of been fine if she sorted things out with a smile and some care not dagger looks! Best of all is after this episode the scones were not only cheap, cloying, dry texture but still frozen in the middle. We returned them & asked the barman to tell the kitchen and remind the girl she worked in a service industry. Consistent service and good food should be delivered in 4 star hotels but very often they don't manage it especially in chain hotels and sadly especially in the UK. I know they were busy with a wedding but our stay was marred by simple things to fix.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet family room & check size if you need space
3 Thank gswuk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stourport-on-Severn
Gainsborough House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chaddesley Corbett
George Hotel
George Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bewdley

Been to Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor? Share your experiences!