“Great fantastic hotel but Beaware they charge extra for Nothing”

Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
London, United Kingdom
“Great fantastic hotel but Beaware they charge extra for Nothing”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Spent 1 night on safari park break at this hotel.The reception staff were friendly and helpful. We had a Family room on the Ground floor which was spacious and immaculately clean. It had tea and coffee available and all bathroom shampoos etc. were supplied. All in all it was a good experience staying at this hotel But Problem start only after 1 hour of checkout . Hotel called me to and said they charged me for 3 Breakfast which i never had. I never been to there breakfast room. They charged me because of miscommunication between there breakfast staff. They refund my money back after 100 calls them.
Overall hotel is nice and clean, reception staff is helpful and friendly but Senior Management staff is not at all helpful to short out problems which are created by them.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashok M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We got married at Stourport Manor on 8th August and found the venue and it's facilities to be excellent. The wedding coordinator Kim was very friendly and helpful, and offered us a personal service from our first meeting. The hotel was very accommodating with all our requests which made our wedding planning much easier.

The manager in charge on the day itself (Nigel) was excellent and professional, and kept us informed about what was happening as the day went on. The food was outstanding with many of our guests commenting on the quality of the wedding breakfast and the evening buffet. The staff were very helpful in general (with the unfortunate exception of one waitress who got stroppy with a couple of guests). The restaurant manager was also kind enough to set up additional tables for breakfast the next morning so our guests could eat together.

Overall we had an fantastic experience and a great day, helped by the lovely weather which allowed our guests to enjoy the patio area and kids to run around on the grass. We also took advantage of the nice swimming pool the morning after the day. Would certainly recommend the hotel to others for a wedding or other occasion, and we are looking forward to returning next year for our 1st anniversary.

Room Tip: We booked the rooms in the main part of the hotel rather than the accommodation block, and these roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Laura A
Clackmannan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My wife and I had our third stay here on 8/9/13. We chose to return as we were again visiting some of the local attractions. As we knew that the hotel is great value for money, has a great location, fantastic comfortable beds, large clean fully equipped rooms, and great food, our choice of where to stay was an easy choice.
The staff at the hotel are always very friendly and helpful, and breakfast being buffet style caters for those who wish full English, or continental, or just coffee and a muffin.
Once again we had a lovely time with no problems.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room in same area of hotel as a coach party, as they tend to forget that there are...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Although this hotel is part of a national group staying here felt like being in a family run hotel. We had an RAF reunion and the service, food and general atmosphere was so good we came back again and again. This year will be our third year. rooms are not massive but very comfortable and to one side of the main hotel so you are not bothered by any noise (if any) coming from a function room. Compact but pleasant swimming pool and fitness suite. The hotel is in an ideal location for visiting many of the tourist attractions in the local area.

Room Tip: Rear room upstairs if climbing stairs is not a problem. If they are then I would advise a ground flo...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chris P
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My daughters wedding was on 26th August. The hotel staff made it a truly wonderful day I would definitely recommend the venue to everyone. The food was wonderful Surroundings beautiful I haven't got one negative comment. Thank you all x

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank DeakinL
Alfreton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Have just returned from a very enjoyable weekend break at Stourport Manor with my wife & 9yr old son, I must admit we were a little worried before our arrival having seen a lot of negative feedback on here but there really was no need for any anxiety right from the start.

We loved the unique 2 tier family room enabling more privacy than the norm, the beds were comfy & we all enjoyed 2 decent nights sleep.

We had booked the restaurant on both nights of our stay (included in our pre-booked package) & had 2 excellent meals chosen from a varied menu. The staff were very friendly & although some training was in progress, service wasn't hindered in any way.

The hotel is obviously quite old but has been well maintained over the years & the lounges really are lovely whether enjoying a post meal drink or a read of the paper in a morning, the grounds are also really quite stunning especially when the sun is out as it was for nearly all our stay.

Almost certainly going to come back in the not to distant future especially as there are loads more places nearby that we simply didn't have the time to fit in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Keith H
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013

On attending a private function at This Hotel . Two members of our group injured themselves due to a faulty floor. I raised it with a member of staff who went away & told me the procedure for making an insurance claim ! Apparently this advice came from The General Manager . I have repeatedly attempted to contact The Manager to no avail.
I / We DONT want to make a claim .
I want to make sure no one else hurts themselves again !

Looking at the threads for this hotel
it seems the previous manager was much more helpful

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank les m
Louise A, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear that there were incidents at an event you attended at the hotel. I have spoken with my Duty Managers who would be running such events and neither I nor they have received such comments nor have I received any correspondence or calls from you as you have implied and therefore I am unfortunately not in a position to investigate. I can however confirm that with the basic information you have given, under no circumstances is that the way in which I or any of my Managers would have dealt with the issue and therefore I would certainly ask that you contact me on either 01299 289955 or via email at louise.addis@menzieshotels.co.uk so that I may have the opportunity to investigate what happened and where it happened and any causes that could have been avoided.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stourport-on-Severn
Gainsborough House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chaddesley Corbett
George Hotel
George Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bewdley

Been to Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor? Share your experiences!