“It was okay”
Review of Swan Hotel

Swan Hotel
Reviewed 1 June 2014

It's not a place I would rave to my friends about. We stayed for one night and upon arrival (and rushed for time as we needed to be at a wedding) we couldn't find a place to park, in the end my partner had to drop me off whilst he continued to search the streets for a place just to leave his car. I wish we had been notified of this issue as at least then we would have been prepared for it. The building is clearly outdated and if you prefer the older looking places then fine, however we found the room to be very small, creaky, window hard to shut and very outdated with wooden beams hanging out the walls with the smallest of bathrooms. Not what we were expecting however the bed itself was really soft and we slept pretty good and the breakfast was delicious. Staff seemed friendly enough and everything else was okay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Met family and friends at the Upton folk festival, we searched the town for somewhere nice to eat and against my better judgement chose the Swan hotel a picture perfect riverside inn, it turned out to be a great decision and despite sitting outside in the court yard our food was served pipping hot and tasty. As a bit of a beer snob I was even impressed by the Swan bitter which was well kept and served. As a regular visitor to Upton I will be back for more.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed for two nights with my aunt. The place is clearly well run with staff who know their business, clean recently decorated rooms and a great location on the river. The food is standard pub grub but plentiful and well produced. We were given a friendly welcome. The atmosphere in the pub was low key without the raucousness of some nearby establishments.
Readers might need to know that the location makes parking, which is on road, very tight. We parked on a local housing estate and in a pay park. There are stairs up to the rooms. Room 1 has a steep step into the bathroom and one in through its door. Room 2 is smaller but stepless with a wider view of the river.

Room Tip: See review.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2014

With a great location on the river, Ralph and Sue have built a hotel business offering a traditional,local, friendly, non-threatening atmosphere, a warm low-beamed bar/restaurant with great food and wine and a breakfast experience hard to beat - the full English was one of the best ever! Despite the age and character of this place ( a plus for me ) there's no complaints about the facilities and cleanliness throughout. What are you waiting for .........?!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Just got back from super stay whilst at Cheltenham races. Lost my shirt this week with shocking bets this week so I was relieved that I had my only successful winner with my hotel choice ! Ralph and Sue down to earth and very friendly and helpful hosts, obviously really committed to looking after the customer. Pleasant pub area and good evening food, breakfast was awesome and set me up so that all that was needed until tea time was few Guinness at the course !. Beautiful location so all in all a great stay. Love this kind of place. Thanks

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KMLTRADING
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I travel thousands of miles each year with my job, but there is always something special when you find a traditional pub that does the basics really well, and that's The Swan Inn.

The welcome from the landlord was friendly and welcoming. The room was well accommodated, with all the right attributes, with a shower that actually worked!!!! Something of a rarity that many larger establishments seem to fail on. Evening meal in the pub was excellent, with a good range a beer.

The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in with the towels and bedding smelling freshly cleaned.

Breakfast was cooked to order with a selection of cereal and fruit juice.

And one final thing. The location was stunning looking right bout into the river seven.

So if you want a great couple of nights away, for the money you are not going to get better than this establishment..... Enjoy

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Grababr
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Cracking location, the gaffer couldn't have been more accommodating.
Despite the age of the property and the uneven stairs up to the rooms, mine was absolutely spotless and the breakfast to die for!!!
Will definitely look to stop here again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
#1 of 1 in Pershore
The Abbey Hotel
The Abbey Hotel
#5 of 10 in Malvern

Been to Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!