All reviews for sunday lunch many years fillet steak amazing food cheese board top floor dining room is melt in the mouth be visiting again large party valentines night olde worlde hotel definitely worth a visit fair price staff were pleasant and helpful comfy lounge coaching inn
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Although located in the High Street and not on the river front the short distance involved makes this well worth while. The staff were all super friendly and helpful, the food was great and room comfortable and clean. Over all a very pleasant and historic atmosphere. Will definitely stay there again whenever in the area.

Room Tip: We were at the end of the corridor and very quite. Suspect rooms next to stairwell may be noisier
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2018

I decided to book the King Room for two nights, only to find there was a roll-top bath with no mixer taps - just hot and cold taps and therefore no facility to have a shower whatsoever; the grouting between the bathroom floor tiles were black with dirt / mould - clearly never seen bleach for years, and the fan in the bathroom was not working.

I complained about the lack of a shower facility, and was offered an alternative room, incidentally whose fan didn't work either.
I asked to speak to the owners on several occasions but I was told they were busy or out.

My travelling companions fan in her bedroom was also not working and neither were fixed during our stay, despite asking for them to be fixed; we were told that "several fans in the rooms don't work".

Although the staff we encountered were all very helpful and nice, and the food we had in the restaurant was also nice, I would say this hotel is OK only for it's restaurant visit and definitely not somewhere I would want to stop over in again.
I don't usually bother to write reviews but I was so shocked by this place that I felt compelled to warn others.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Experience over the years has proved this to be an excellent venue for Sunday Lunch with well presented cuisine. This Hotel has a good atmosphere. From it's joint owner / Head Chef, John, down, all the staff are friendly and most obliging.

Room Tip: Only ever dined so I cannot advise.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Hotel could do with updating and no Wi Fi in my bedroom could not get the shower to work very helpful staff carried my bags up got the shower working and parked my car, what makes this hotel work is the amazing staff
and I would return, I enjoyed my stay

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Booked with friends as fed up of camping! Usually we camped but this year decided to go hotel, it was lovely to go and see the bands at the local festival, then go back to a lovely hotel room.
Not the cheapest but a fair price for this busy time of bank holiday weekend and sunshine festival.
Rooms were lovely, staff very friendly, breakfast great and food and beverages and ales were a delight.
Would definitely recommend again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends