“Excellent service and good food”
Review of Barista

Barista
Ranked #48 of 391 Restaurants in Bury
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My Granddaughter and I had lunch yesterday at Barista. Although it was very busy, we only needed to wait 5 minutes for a table. Our food came within 10 minutes and was delicious. I had the cod, and Granddaughter had a chicken tikka sandwich which she really enjoyed. The small bill was a very pleasant surprise. Try this restaurant, it's very good value for money.

There are newer reviews for Barista

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I ordered the steak and chips with peppercorn sauce. It came with a well dressed salad, grilled tomato and a grilled flat mushroom.
The sauce was quite thin and lacked a bit of flavour, steak was tasty, but unfortunately slightly overcooked, as I asked for rare and it came medium. Chips were good, but did not wow me. Would have liked a couple of homemade onion rings to give it a bit extra.
A choice of blue cheese sauce or Madeira sauce would be good alternatives too.
I enjoyed the meal, but it just needs a few tweaks to make it excellent.
Hopefully my comments will be taken on board for the next time I visit.

1  Thank Jimladze
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Never been here before, found the menu unusual but very nice, things I had not heard of before, a bit pricy but the quality of food was excellent

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have had lunch twice at this place. The first was just about ok. I made allowance because it was a very busy Saturday. Then we went back one Wednesday when it was a lot quieter.
I have to tell you that the food was just about passable but noticed that they penny pinch and do not give you value for money.. The filling of my sandwich was ok in the middle where one tends to look, but open up the sandwich there was nothing at all round the edges not even butter. My friend had a toasted sandwich and that fill was almost none existent... Do they think we are daft or something they had pasta chicken salad for special and it was cold. horrible...well also the coffee the worst of all just tasted like bitter water with watered down milk in it... Not the way to make a business Success in my opinion... Would not recommend..

1  Thank angiep389
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Have been calling at the Barista for a late lunch after a shopping trip with my friend for about 2 years now and the service and food has always been excellent. The choice is good and the prices are reasonable with plenty on your plate. We only found it by chance as we usually went elsewhere but I am so glad we did. We don't even think of going anywhere else but head there every time we are in Bury.