“Delicious ”
Review of The Church Inn

The Church Inn
Ranked #48 of 403 Restaurants in Bury
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This well known 17th century Inn underwent an extensive refurbishment throughout the whole of the building in summer 2009, whilst trying to maintain its traditional feel and character. We aim to offer fine food and wine along with excellent service in the relaxed atmosphere of our dining room as well as a private dining function room. All meals will be prepared to the exacting standards of the highly experienced team of chefs using the best quality fresh and wherever possible local produce. You will receive a warm welcome in our relaxed bar area where you can enjoy our selection of bar snacks and a choice from our main menu in the bar, and the main menu in the restaurant at lunch time and evening.
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Visited for the first time last Friday with friends we sat in the bar which was quiet busy but we managed to get a table straight away.
All four of us had something different off the menu and all of our plates went back empty! :D
I went back on Thursday this week with family and again we were all really impressed!
We sat outside after our meals, lovely outside drinking area. Few people also eating too.

Food/location/staff all spot on!

I can't wait to go back to try other meals off the menu as all the meals I saw being served looked delicious!

2  Thank BLD5

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The location of this pub / restaurant is excellent. You can dine in the restaurant and enjoy good food and spectacular views across Lancashire, Cheshire and beyond.

In the bar which is separated from the restaurant by a small reception area, you can enjoy excellent draught beers and a really good selection of bar snacks.

The food is good and the service, staff and management are of the highest quality.

I can highly recommend this very, very good establishment.

3  Thank Dennis K
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my friends went to the Church Inn at Bircle last Friday night (25th July). We all had a great time and the atmosphere was fantastic (so very busy!) We were sat in the bar area as you can have both menus in there. The food was good quality for the price and so was the drink. Even though it was very busy the staff were attentive and worked very hard.

Also, I would just like to say that I was shocked to read the previous comment. The manager personally came over to us to ask if everything was okay and he didn't slur his words or appear drunk. We will definitely be coming back!

4  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Hello

Last night we had a table booked at the Norden Arms but decided to cancel it and not go to one of our locals because one of our friends recommend we try the Church Inn we arrived at the Church and placed our order. Whilst we sat down 2 other tables soon arrived. After over 1hour and the two tables next to us receiving their food my partner popped up to the bar to ask if our order was on it's way?? He spoke to a lady behind the bar who wasn't a waitress but appeared to be a bar manager to be told that the kitchen was busy and had some large parties order prior, she never offered to check up on our order or ask what table we was at (basically just fobbed us off) then a further 10 minutes later after no one came to explain what was going on with our food my partner decided to pop back up. He then spoke to a make who appeared to be the manager! He said he would pop over In a min and explain what had gone on with our food. He explained that the waitress we placed the order with, had forgot to put it through and he would pop it through now this was now 21.30hrs. I also was slightly concerned that if this was your front of house manager he seemed to be under the influence of alcohol slightly slurring his words and speaking slowly & quiet with glazed eyes. He then offered us a bottle of wine with our meal that at this point still hadn't been placed I couldn't have wine due to be driving and to be honest at the point when you have to get up the next morning at 5 to start work I didn't want to wait and probably receive a meal that then would of been rushed. I felt that tonight on a very busy night that maybe the new girl should not of been taking orders. That the lady behind the bar customer service was way below par it was like she couldn't be bothered. And the male manager who came to tell us the food wasn't ordered should not of been under the influence of alcohol and that the girl who we asked for sauces early on in the evening should maybe of noticed we had be sat there with no food. In all I am left feeling very hungry and angry. After going to my locals the Baum, the Healy, the Norden arms and the crumble i have never received service like this I understand places get busy but this was a joke last night.

This is the email I sent to the manager on my experience of last night. I will not be returning to this place....

4  Thank 1234days
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Went for Dinner here for the first time in years, really enjoyed the food, very attentive helpful staff and a great location, a very enjoyable evening,with a stroll on the hills afterwards, will be back again soon

2  Thank ianmcd58