Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$99
US$43
US$58
US$56
Agoda.com
All reviewsleisure facilitiesfour poster bedleisure clublarge poolbridal suitewedding partysteam roomfamily roomgood sizehotel staffbreakfast staffstayed here for one nightfollowing morningtea and coffeelovely roomwould stay againbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The hotel staff were excellent- very helpful as was the owner. I frequently stay in hotels in the Best Western group, which is my preferred choice. The setting was lovely and I will use this hotel again in the future for both business and personal stays.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Oh dear.

This hotel seems to be a collection of old worker houses bolted together to create a hotel. The entrance of the hotel is hard to find (Sat Nav will send you round the back with no access) and being poorly signposted, you'll probably find yourself driving round various car parks for 10 minutes before finding the right path! The hotels location is also quite drab and nowhere near as pretty as the photograph's make out; but you cant blame the hotel for its dreary surroundings I guess.

My room (66 if I remember correctly) was rather tired; not dirty, just old fashioned with a large unstable 4 poster pine bed (which had I have brought my better half, probably wouldn't have lasted the night without collapsing!) Sheets were clean though and I had a good nights sleep other than being awoken at 7.30am by a man outside with a large sledgehammer knocking the wall below my window down. Now I don't know about you, but if I was running a hotel, I wouldn't be having workmen with sledge hammers smashing concrete up outside peoples rooms at 7.30am in the morning! I took pictures of this for a later complaint!

Down at breakfast service was quick; but I have to say, being given just 1 sausage which was charcoal (and obviously re heated) underneath, with 2 rashes of bacon and the mushy dregs of a baked bean tin, didn't constitute a great breakfast.

Luckily I was staying here on a work trip; but had i have paid £85 out of my own pocket, I would have been sorely disappointed! Would I stay here again? Unfortunately not, however close it may be to my business visit, I would rather find somewhere more modern and less Faulty Towers. Sorry :o(

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
J-Asher-Taylor, Manager at Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

I am sorry you found your stay disappointing we are currently investing heavily in the hotel, and we still have lots more changes to be made. The noisy work will be completed by the beginning of march. I hope you do change your mind and come back to visit us when we have revamped the hotel.

Yours Kindly

J Asher Taylor

Bolholt Duty Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Despite the majority of the staff being great, having both of our nights sleep disturbed by drunken squaddies, the lack of response from the night porter phone number made us wonder about guest safety and emergency situations. The receptionist in the morning was apologetic but couldn't explain why the situation was allowed to carry on for up to an hour both nights.
Evening restaurant food was average, it had been a lot better on previous stays.
breakfast was advertised as up to 9.30 a guest arrived at 9.25 to be told the chef had packed up, seemed harsh! Expecially as it was very good.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

I am glad that you found the majority of the staff helpful and I am glad you found the breakfast very good. We are making sure that when a guest comes down for breakfast at 9.25am they will recieve a breakfast. In regards to the RAF solders, we have written to their commanding officer to inform him of how disgraceful and inconsiderate their actions were. I do hope that you will come and visit our hotel again.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Well where to begin, after a couple of previous experiences at this hotel from when I used to live locally I suggested myself and my parents stay here for a weekend while visiting my 3yr old who would be staying with us in the hotel, the hotel itself is warm and welcoming with the attached sporting facilities excellent for what we needed, the first night at about 3am we were awoken by a group of younge lads shouting swearing and banging on their door as they had returned without their keyholder! after trying to call the night staff, for 45 minutes to no avail I went once my daughter had woken and told them to shut up which they did, the second evening again, at 3:30 am the same idiots wake everyone up drunk banging swearing shouting only this time after a hour trying to call downstairs with a crying child I just put the tv on for her and watch tv! at 5am they quieten down and can get her to sleep! In the morning it emerges that this group of lads had infact managed to vomit throughout reception and carry on causing havoc with no interuption it seems because they were RAF employees out of wokingham! (possibly why the night staff were nowhwre to be found when we all called down!)

all in all it completely ruined the weekend and what we were hoping was going to be a wonderful weekend with my daughter!.

staff (other than the inept night chap) were lovely, apologetic, and tbh the fact they were so good at there jobs was the only reason we stayed after the first night!
in closing we will not be returning and instead opting to stay at the the village hotel in bury!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter B

I sincerely apologise for the disturbance that was made by the RAF soldiers, we have written to their commanding officer to explain how disgraceful and inconsiderate they acted while they stayed at our hotel. I do hope that your daughter was feeling ok the next day and not too grumpy. I also hope you will visit us again and give us a chance to make amends.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Outstanding Hotel,with Top Class Leisure Facilitie's.Would NOT Hesitate to return.Hotel Grounds are incredible and Staff are Extremely HelpfulThe leisure Centre has two Top Class indoor Pools ,Numerous Spa Jacuzzi's a Steam Room a Sauna.It also has an Enormous Gym Fitness Area.Withjout Doubt the largest I have ever seen or been in.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family