Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bury
Liphook, United Kingdom
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday 22nd February because we were in the north on a visit with family in Bury. The bedroom was very presentable, spacious and clean. I was disappointed that being part of the Best Western Group (lavender hotels) they didn't have any complimentary lavender spray in the room nor any hair conditioner, but the whole place was charming and quirky, the staff very friendly and helpful.
Our breakfast was delicious and nothing was too much trouble. I asked if it was possible to have a poached egg rather than the fried or scrambled on offer and it was cooked to perfection. The dark haired lady who served us was very friendly, efficient and professional. The leisure facilities were superb, very well equipped gym and 2 pools. Sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Lovely changing rooms with efficient hair dryers, spin dryer and complimentary cotton wool balls and buds. The only thing for me that lets it down badly is that the leisure facilities are in a separate building a short walk away. We would consider staying again and hope that the small detail can be addressed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is charming, set in green grounds with a small lake, and excellent value for money. Most guests seemed to be men travelling on business.

I found the breakfast to be pretty good, certainly well served.

As far as I can can see this is the best hotel for miles around, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I'm in the area. And it's a really quiet place, well back from a minor road, so I always get a good rest there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Fleckney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed for a few days whilst visiting relatives, room was comfortable and clean, the view from the window wasn't great, but we were hardly there so it didn't matter. Breakfast on Sunday was fully buffet, the hotel was almost full, the other two mornings the hot food was ordered and everything else was help yourself the quality and choice was great. If you get chance try and use the leisure facilities, my husband and son were very impressed.
Parts of the hotel are having work done but we were lucky and had a room at the other side. Would definitely stay here again.
The staff were all friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The hotel staff were excellent- very helpful as was the owner. I frequently stay in hotels in the Best Western group, which is my preferred choice. The setting was lovely and I will use this hotel again in the future for both business and personal stays.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Oh dear.

This hotel seems to be a collection of old worker houses bolted together to create a hotel. The entrance of the hotel is hard to find (Sat Nav will send you round the back with no access) and being poorly signposted, you'll probably find yourself driving round various car parks for 10 minutes before finding the right path! The hotels location is also quite drab and nowhere near as pretty as the photograph's make out; but you cant blame the hotel for its dreary surroundings I guess.

My room (66 if I remember correctly) was rather tired; not dirty, just old fashioned with a large unstable 4 poster pine bed (which had I have brought my better half, probably wouldn't have lasted the night without collapsing!) Sheets were clean though and I had a good nights sleep other than being awoken at 7.30am by a man outside with a large sledgehammer knocking the wall below my window down. Now I don't know about you, but if I was running a hotel, I wouldn't be having workmen with sledge hammers smashing concrete up outside peoples rooms at 7.30am in the morning! I took pictures of this for a later complaint!

Down at breakfast service was quick; but I have to say, being given just 1 sausage which was charcoal (and obviously re heated) underneath, with 2 rashes of bacon and the mushy dregs of a baked bean tin, didn't constitute a great breakfast.

Luckily I was staying here on a work trip; but had i have paid £85 out of my own pocket, I would have been sorely disappointed! Would I stay here again? Unfortunately not, however close it may be to my business visit, I would rather find somewhere more modern and less Faulty Towers. Sorry :o(

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
J-Asher-Taylor, Manager at Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
I am sorry you found your stay disappointing we are currently investing heavily in the hotel, and we still have lots more changes to be made. The noisy work will be completed by the beginning of march. I hope you do change your mind and come back to visit us when we have revamped the hotel.

Yours Kindly

J Asher Taylor

Bolholt Duty Manager

Travellers are raving about these Bury hotels

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Despite the majority of the staff being great, having both of our nights sleep disturbed by drunken squaddies, the lack of response from the night porter phone number made us wonder about guest safety and emergency situations. The receptionist in the morning was apologetic but couldn't explain why the situation was allowed to carry on for up to an hour both nights.
Evening restaurant food was average, it had been a lot better on previous stays.
breakfast was advertised as up to 9.30 a guest arrived at 9.25 to be told the chef had packed up, seemed harsh! Expecially as it was very good.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
I am glad that you found the majority of the staff helpful and I am glad you found the breakfast very good. We are making sure that when a guest comes down for breakfast at 9.25am they will recieve a breakfast. In regards to the RAF solders, we have written to their commanding officer to inform him of how disgraceful and inconsiderate their actions were. I do hope that you will come and visit our hotel again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bury
Village Hotel Manchester Bury
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Bromley Cross
Holiday Inn Bolton Centre

Been to Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel? Share your experiences!