Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsleisure facilitiesfour poster bedleisure clublarge poolbridal suitewedding partysteam roomfamily roomgood sizehotel staffbreakfast staffstayed here for one nightfollowing morningtea and coffeelovely roomwould stay againbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I decided to book a single room for this event and was in room no.63.I had to go through reception and up the path to what looked like a goup of cottages but on getting closer I noticed that there were room numbers eg.53-66 above the front doors.I had to go up a flight of stairs and my room was at the back with a large bow-window overlooking fields.The furniture was quite dated but the room and bathroom were very clean.There was a full sized ironing board and iron,tea and coffee facilities a flat screen T V with free-view channels also a radio.The bathroom was quite small,except for the large shower, but it was a single room after all.Toiletries were provided and white fluffy towels.
Breakfast the following morning had an excellent choice of cooked dishes also cereals and fruit juices.Tea,coffee and toast were ordered from waiters though these items did take a little time to arrive.
The hotel is not far from Bury and this had a "famous" market I noticed as I passed through the town.

Room Tip: As previously mentioned room no.63 was a great single room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Unfriendly check in and shabby accomodation. The radiator was stuck on in the room in the height of summer and the night porter wasn't able to fix it. And breakfast was a shambles, waited over 40mins for tea and toast!!!! Glad it was only a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Bolholt B, Manager at Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Abigail,

I am very sorry that you didn't find your stay up to our usual standard, I can assure you that this is not how we usually operate. in regards to the radiator thank you for informing us we will get the radiator fixed as soon as possible .

In regards to breakfast, I can only but apologise that your experience was marked by the technical issues which resulted in a delay in the service of tea and toast, which has now been fixed.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to change your opinion of us here at the bolholt hotel

Yours Kindly
J Asher Taylor
Bolholt Assistant Manager

Reviewed 19 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Bolholt has, at first glance, everything going for it. Set in attractive and extensive grounds, a leisure club with 2 lovely pools,saunas etc, handy for the motorway, what's not to like? Well, whilst the reception area has been refurbished and is attractively modern and the outside seating area is pleasant, the leisure club very nice, the room I stayed in was a little dated and could have done with a good clean to get rid of the insect bodies on the windowsill. That said, it was quiet, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom attractive, modern and clean. So, why does this place not get a very high score? Well, in the details. Dinner was OK, not haute cuisine but a nice enough risotto. As a single female traveller, I would have preferred to eat more informally in the bar but there was footie on and groups of blokes (clearly business travellers) giving the game their partial attention. Service was somewhat haphazard. The barman was charming and delivered a large merlot with a smile. Waitresses were clearly on a different mission and it took a considerable time to be called to a corner table in the small restaurant. I left before breakfast so cannot comment on that aspect of a stay. I can fully understand why this place would appeal to leisure travellers wanting relaxation in the spa etc, or to wedding groups etc but for the business traveller wanting a quiet swim, glass of wine and evening in, this can be found more cheaply and closer to the main roads than this. Not an unpleasant stay but, in a competitive market, nothing in particular to differentiate it from the competition.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed for a wedding in June and found the service Was terrible, sometimes even non existing service the staff were quote abrupt and often did not carry out our requests! The rooms were very small dark and dingy something I would expect by the side of a motorway! Lighting was poor and the windows were tiny.
Not very clean or hygienic, I had to request the breakfast tray removing three times and even then it was still there three hours later.
I would not recommend this hotel I have been to premier inns with much better service. For the evening meal we had to wait an hour for a menu and two hour wait for food. Which unfortunately left four of our party with upset stomachs.

• Stayed: June 2014